Speaker: Alvin Matsumoto, MD
CORE CURRICULUM: Thyroid Dysfunction and Aging (2009)
Content presented in this module is described in the learning objectives below. Teaching methods include a video lecture, a handout, and a multiple-choice post-test.
University of Washington Continuing Nursing Education
UW Northwest Geriatric Education Center
UW School of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education
UW School of Nursing deTornyay Center for Healthy Aging
You may register for the entire course or for single modules.
To receive contact hour credit:
- View the lecture
- Study the handouts
- Submit a short post-test (exam)
- Submit an evaluation
After submitting the post-test and evaluation, you will be able to print a certificate
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Describe the presentation and management of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism in older adults.
- Describe the presentation and management of thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer in older adults.
1.5 contact hours will be awarded.
- Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education
by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing,
Provider #07218 for 1.5 contact hours.
Estimated time to complete course: 1.5 hr
You will have one year from date of registration to complete this course.