Speaker: Nancy Fugate Woods, PhD, RN FAAN
To HRT or not to HRT: Is that the Right Question? An Update on Hormone Therapy
Content presented in this module is described in the learning objectives below. Teaching methods include a lecture and printable handout.
You may register for the entire course or for single modules.
To receive contact hour credit:
- View the lecture
- Study the handouts
- Submit a short post-test (exam)
- Submit an evaluation
After submitting the post-test and evaluation, you will be able to print a certificate
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Discuss the history of hormone therapy in the US for symptom management and health promotion during the menopausal transition and beyond.
- Describe the responses to shifting treatment paradigms for midlife women from the perspectives of women, themselves, and health professionals.
- Discuss the hormone therapy options available for women to choose from.
- Describe the challenges for providing decision support in the presence of incomplete information and uncertainty.
1.6 contact hours will be awarded.
- Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education
by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing,
Provider #07218 for 1.6 contact hours.
Estimated time to complete course: 1.6 hr
You will have one year from date of registration to complete this course.
uwcne.org · email@example.com
© 2012 University of Washington School of Nursing
Continuing Nursing Education · Box 359440 · Seattle, Washington 98195-9440
Voice: 206-543-1047 · FAX: 206-543-6953
The University of Washington is committed to providing access,
equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs,
activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities.
To request disability accommodation, contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in
advance of a conference at: 206-543-6450/V, 206-543-6452/TTY, 206-685-7264 (FAX), or firstname.lastname@example.org.