Announcing a new online program!
I.V. THERAPY EDUCATION
5 BENEFITS OF THIS PROGRAM
- Improve your current I.V. practice.
- Refresh your I.V. practice training.
- Learn best practices to facilitate patient safety.
- Increase your comfort level in managing I.V. therapy.
- Learn from an experienced instructor.
For nurses and other members of the healthcare team who work with intravenous lines (peripheral and central venous access devices) including advanced practice registered nurses, registered nurses, nurse educators, license practical nurses, respiratory therapists, midwives, new nursing graduates, nursing students and other interested healthcare professionals.
The online program provides basic knowledge of I.V. therapy practice for nurses and other members of the healthcare team. Content includes six chapters of recorded audio/slide presentations, a peripheral I.V. catheter insertion demonstration, videos of two implanted venous port access (and de-access) demonstrations, a downloadable workbook, a post-test and evaluation following each chapter, two clinical example assignments and a required reading assignment on legal aspects of infusion therapy. Alternately, individual chapters of the program can be taken a la carte as selected topics.
CHOOSE THE FORMAT THAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU
- I.V. Therapy Online Program | $280 | 30.0 contact hours
- I.V. Therapy Online - Selected Topics | $20-70 per course | 2.0 to 26.5 contact hours
Current standards of practice
Venous access device review (includes 4-hours of central line education)
I.V. medication administration and fluid mangement
A review of nutritional solutions
Management of difficult insertions
Legal aspects related to I.V. therapy
Vascular access protocols