The University of Washington School of Nursing for graduate students requires all students to complete clearance documents prior to clinical placement. The required forms were sent with each acceptance packet. Completed forms must be submitted to UWCNE either online using the portal provided below or via US mail to UWCNE Box 359557 Seattle WA 98195-9557.
Directions: Read and complete all clearance documents and submit to CNE. Note: Many of the forms have a space for your UW ID. Unless you already have a UW ID, please leave the space blank.
A summary of requirements is provided below. Detailed information about these requirements is available on the SON website at: "http://nursing.uw.edu/students/training"
No Expiration Date
• Blood-Borne Pathogen Training, Hazards Management Training, HIV/AIDS Training
• Consent to Release Form (pdf)
• Health Insurance Coverage & Clinical Placements
• HIPAA Training
• Social Networking Policy Acknowledgement
• UW Deskmail Activation Agreement
• UW Medicine Privacy Agreement
Must Remain Current
• CPR Training
• Health Insurance
• Immunizations-Clinical Passports Requirements
• RN Licensure
• Background Check (link to Castle Branch)
• Personal Professional Liability Insurance
UW SON Clearance Forms
- Consent to Release Form
- UW Social Networking Policy and Guidelines Acknowledgement Form
- Activation of UW Deskmail Acknowledgement Form
- UW Medicine Privacy Agreement
- Health Insurance Coverage & Clinical Placements Form
- Background Check, Authorization for Repeat Checks, and Dissemination of Results Form
Please make sure you complete both pages of the background check form. Students with a positive criminal history are encouraged to submit a statement with their documents explaining the circumstances. The background check will be initiated when you place your order with Castle Branch.
- Blood-Borne Pathogens Policy, HIV/AIDS Training, Hazard Management Training Acknowledgement Statement
- Protecting Patient Information Training HIPAA Form
Questions: Please contact Patty Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-543-7967.
Return to Compliance