Conference 2016 | Cancer Survivorship for Clinicians
Friday-Saturday, October 28-29, 2016
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center | Pelton Auditorium | 1100 Fairview Avenue N., Seattle
With survivorship now recognized as a distinct phase of care in the cancer continuum, the focus turns to surveillance for, and management of, long-term and late effects that occur as a result of cancer and its treatment, as well as the health promotion and prevention of disease strategies that are particularly important for cancer survivors.
This conference, featuring speakers who are leaders in the field of cancer survivorship, covers an important and increasingly relevant gap in the education of clinicians who care for cancer survivors.
After completing this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Describe common late effects after treatment with chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone therapy and surgery.
- Identify types of functional and psychosocial issues and how they vary based on time since treatment completion.
- Discuss the healthcare providers' role in delivering survivorship care focused on prevention, wellness and evidence-based guidelines for screening.
- Provide guideline-supported lifestyle recommendations for secondary prevention to cancer survivors regarding sunscreen, diet, obesity, exercise, alcohol and tobacco.
- Implement a coordinated plan of care in consultation with specialty providers to manage medical late effects of cancer when appropriate.
- Describe coordinated oncologist and primary care provider roles in providing care to survivors.
This conference is designed for physicians (oncology, family medicine, internal medicine), physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, physical and occupational therapists, respiratory therapists and other interested health care professionals who work with cancer survivors or cancer survivorship issues.
Questions and information
Registration for this symposium is open at the symposium website: fredhutch.org/en/treatment/survivorship/events-education/survivorship-clinicians.html You can also click one of the gold Register buttons. To request more information about this conference, please call (206) 667-2814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is available exclusively at the symposium website. Click the Register button to go to the symposium site.