Conference 2015 | Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy
May 21, 2015
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one-stop shop for our annual conference on adult and geriatric health. This is the place you will:
- Register for the conference
- See the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend This Conference?
Nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals in all settings.
About This Conference:
This annual update is designed as an adult and geriatric pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies in drug therapy for adult and geriatric health issues. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case analysis.
Conference Brochure and Forms
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
- Discuss appropriate treatment options in the setting of antibiotic resistance.
- Describe a stepwise approach for determining appropriate medication dosing for patients with advanced kidney disease.
- Describe treatment options for patients with osteoporosis.
- Describe the current pharmacologic control of type 2 diabetes and its major complications.
- Discuss the pharmacological risks and benefits of psychotropic medications used to treat anxiety disorders.
- Discuss current national guidelines and recommendations for treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Describe the risks and benefits of medical marijuana use.
- Antibiotic resistance
- Medication dosing for patients with advanced kidney disease
- Managing type 2 diabetes
- Anxiety disorders
- Clinical concepts of marijuana
All sessions qualify for pharmacology contact hours at the advanced practice level.
|Conference Materials and Information|
Handouts will be available May 14, 2015.
|Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
|Day of Event|
|Recharging Stations||Power stations are available in the registration area. Power is not available in the conference rooms.|
Your battery will last longer if you put your device in airplane mode while attending a session.
|WiFi||Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Download your handouts to your device before you go to a session.|
|Food and Clothing||Breakfast and lunch: We try to be sensitive to many common dietary restrictions in planning our complimentary food menu. However, if you have special dietary needs, please bring food items that will meet your individual nutritional requirements. For lunch, we generally serve salad and either fish or poultry with a few vegetarian options.|
Temperature in rooms: Temperatures can fluctuate throughout the day. Please dress in layers.
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 7.30 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level