Lectures 2019 | Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy
LIVE LECTURES OR WEBINAR
This annual drug therapy conference has been redesigned as a lecture series to better suit the needs of busy healthcare professionals. You can come to the UW Tower in Seattle to attend the lectures live, speak with presenters and network with your colleagues—just as you have always done at the conference. But the lecture series format gives you much more flexibility. If you are called away or your schedule changes, you can watch the lecture videos later and still earn a contact hour certificate. OR, you can attend remotely by signing up for the webinar version of this series at checkout.
- Live Lectures: Attend lectures in person at UW Tower (food and drinks are not provided).
- Webinar: Participate remotely from work or home.
If you miss a live lecture, you can watch it later and still get credit.
This all-day lecture series is designed as an adult and geriatric pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies regarding drug therapy for common adult and geriatric health issues and include appropriate pharmacotherapeutic principles and recommendations for patient and family education. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case analysis.
Advanced practice nurse practitioners, especially adult, geriatric and family nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Define the mechanism of action of anabolic, Rank Ligand and bisphosphonate therapies.
- Review the typical and atypical HF symptoms presented by older adults.
- Compare and contrast DOACs to VKA
- Discuss when to start a medication for dementia.
- Describe the challenges to achieving pain control in the geriatric population.
RESIDENCE INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
4501 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-322-8887
One block from UW Tower. One mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture. For UWCNE participants only: Click on the hotel website link and choose the Corporate/Promotional drop down box and enter code UWD to get the UW discount.
4140 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-632-5055
Located in the University District. Approximately 7-minute walk from UW Tower.
4242 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-826-4242
Located in the University District. Approximately 5-minute walk from UW Tower.
- 6.00 Contact hours
- 6.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level
- Seattle Pacific University
- ARNPs United of Washington State
Registering a Group/Employee or Paying by Check?
Fill out this registration form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.