Conference 2016 | Clinical Pharmacology | Adult - Geriatric - Neuropsychotropic Drug Therapy
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
June 24, 2016
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference?
Adult nurse practitioners, geriatric nurse practitioners, psychiatric nurse practitioners, family nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals
About the Conference
This two-in-one conference is designed as an adult, geriatric and neuropsychotropic pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies regarding drug therapy for common adult, geriatric and neuropsychiatric health concerns. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case analysis.
- Recognize practice changes in the management of localized prostate cancer and the potential impact on the harms and benefits of PSA screening.
- Review pharmacology, indications and management of currently available anticoagulants, including the direct oral anticoagulants, in the adult/geriatric population.
- Ascertain differences in medications for those with significant chronic kidney disease.
- Perform initial evaluation of women with overactive bladder.
- Discuss new thoughts on old treatments for skin lesions/wounds.
- Compare and contrast goals and strategies of acute, chronic, and palliative pain management.
- Discuss current perspectives on social determinants of health and health equity.
- Recognize symptom presentations and patterns of illness for early onset psychotic disorders.
- Describe the most common cardiac adverse effects with different classes of psychiatric medications.
- Examine the implications of opioid treatment for psychiatric prescribing.
- Describe the indications for using injectable antipsychotics.
- Describe overlap of epilepsy and psychiatric disorders.
New this year! Mix and match from two different tracks to tailor your conference experience.
- Chronic Hepatitis and Cirrhosis in the Adult/Older Adult
- Risks and Benefits of PSA Screening for Prostate Cancer
- Updates in Anticoagulation Management
- Heart Failure Treatment for the Kidney-Challenged
- Evaluation and Treatment of Overactive Bladder and Recurrent UTIs in Women
- Skin, Interrupted
- Pain Management in Older Adults
- Use of Anti-Epileptic Drugs in Other Conditions
- Social Determinants of Mental Health: Putative Biological Mechanisms and Implications for Prevention and Treatment
- Early Onset Psychosis
- Cardiac Risk Factors with Psychiatric Medications
- What Do I Need to Know About Opiates in a Psychiatric Practice?
- A Shot in the Arm: Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotics, New and Old
- Overlap of Psychiatric Disorders and Epilepsy
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Session Handouts (Link will open in a new window or tab).
(Link will open in a new window or tab).
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 7.30 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level