Conference 2018 | Ambulatory Care Nursing Conference
Wednesday-Thursday | April 18-19, 2018
- Register for this activity
- View the program schedule
- View or print the online brochure
- Sign up for your sessions: Wednesday Sessions and Thursday Sessions
- Submit a poster abstract
- Download your handouts: Wednesday Handouts and Thursday Handouts
- Complete your evaluation and print your certificate: Wednesday and Thursday
For nurses, nurse practitioners, medical assistants and other interested healthcare professionals.
Nurses in ambulatory care have diverse roles, serve unique groups of patients and require specialized clinical and management skills. This conference is an educational forum for those who practice in a wide variety of settings, including large and small clinics, physician offices, home health, long term care, public health, community health, occupational health, school health, college health, military health, specialty clinics, case management and other outpatient settings. Two general sessions and nine sets of concurrent sessions allow registrants to design a conference that meets their individual needs. Speakers include distinguished local, regional and national experts presenting on clinical assessment, nursing interventions, administrative/management issues and professional development. Conference goals are to strengthen the practice of nursing, promote innovation and create seamless systems for patients and communities. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion, case studies, poster sessions and collegial interchange.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss updated information related to the clinical assessment, nursing management and prevention of common health problems seen in ambulatory care settings.
- Describe strategies for dealing with administrative and management issues.
- Describe strategies that promote professional development, including transition into new nursing roles in the ambulatory setting.
Topics are relevant issues impacting ambulatory care nursing practice and ambulatory care settings. Two general sessions and nine concurrent sessions allow registrants to design a conference that meets their individual needs. See the online brochure for the wide selection of topics.
Pacific Medical Centers
Sea Mar Community Health Centers
Seattle Children’s Hospital
Swedish Medical Center
The Everett Clinic
UW Environmental Health and Safety
UW School of Nursing
UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center
UW Medicine/Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center
UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center
Washington State Nurses Association
Participants receive a special discount at the following hotels near Lynnwood Convention Center. Ask for the UW Nursing rate or click below to book online.
COURTYARD MARRIOTT, LYNNWOOD
Please call and ask for the UW Nursing rate • 425-670-0500 • $117/per night
4220 Alderwood Mall Blvd, Lynnwood, WA 98036
Free wifi, parking and shuttle service
EMBASSY SUITES, LYNNWOOD
Book here for the UW Nursing rate
20610 44th Ave W., Lynnwood, WA 98036 • 425-775-2500 • $135/per night
Includes happy hour, complimentary made-to-order breakfast, wi-fi and free parking
Call for Posters
Discount available for poster presenters!
Have you developed an innovative strategy or program for delivering ambulatory care? Please consider presenting a poster at the conference to share your approach to enhancing patient care, practice or education.
Discount Price: $375 Both days | $280 One day
|Poster Guidelines||Abstract Submission|
Submit a poster abstract
Poster Presentation Benefits:
• Strengthen your resume
• Some employers will pay your registration fees if you present a poster
• Communicate research or program findings to enhance the practice of others
• Network with providers who share your interests
• Discuss practical strategies for healthcare delivery
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
- 13.30 Contact hours
- 5.40 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level