Conference 2016 | Ambulatory Care Nursing Conference
27th Annual Pacific Northwest Conference
Wednesday-Thursday | April 20-21, 2016
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
Conference Quick Links:
- Submit a Poster Abstract
- Register for each day or a combo of days
- View the program schedule
- Choose your conference sessions
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation(s)
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend This Conference?
Nurses, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, social workers and other interested healthcare professionals.
About This Conference:
Nurses in ambulatory care have diverse roles, serve unique groups of patients and require specialized clinical and management skills. This conference is an educational forum for those who practice in a wide variety of settings, including large and small clinics, physician offices, home health, long term care, public health, community health, occupational health, school health, college health, military health, specialty clinics and other outpatient settings. Two general sessions and nine sets of concurrent sessions allow registrants to design a conference that meets their individual needs. Speakers include distinguished local, regional and national experts presenting on clinical assessment, nursing interventions, administrative/management issues and professional development. Conference goals are to strengthen the practice of nursing, promote innovation and create seamless systems for patients and communities. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion, case studies, hands-on skill development, poster sessions and collegial interchange.
- Discuss updated information related to the clinical assessment, nursing management and prevention of common health problems seen in ambulatory care settings.
- Describe strategies for dealing with administrative and management issues.
- Describe strategies that promote professional development, including transition into new nursing roles in the ambulatory setting.
Topics are relevant issues impacting ambulatory care nursing practice and ambulatory care settings. Two general sessions and nine concurrent sessions allow registrants to design a conference that meets their individual needs. See the course brochure for the wide selection of topics.
Participants receive a special discount at the following hotels near Lynnwood Convention Center. Reservations must be made by April 5, 2016. Ask for the UW Nursing Ambulatory rate or click below to book online.
- Courtyard Marriott, Lynnwood
4220 Alderwood Mall Blvd, Lynnwood, WA 98036 • 425-670-0500 • $115/per night
Free wifi, parking and shuttle service
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Seattle-North/Lynnwood
19324 Alderwood Mall Pkwy, Lynnwood, WA 98036 • 425-771-1888 • $119/per night
Free wifi, parking, shuttle service and complimentary breakfast
- Embassy Suites, Lynnwood
20610 44th Ave W., Lynnwood, WA 98036 • 425-775-2500 • $133/per night
Includes happy hour, complimentary made-to-order breakfast, wi-fi and free parking
Discount available for poster presenters!
Have you developed an innovative strategy or program for delivering ambulatory care?
Please consider presenting a poster at the conference to share your approach to enhancing patient care, practice or education.
|Poster Guidelines||Abstract Submission|
Submit a poster abstract
Poster Presentation Benefits:
• Strengthen your resume
• Some employers will pay your registration fees if you present a poster
• Communicate research or program findings to enhance the practice of others
• Network with providers who share your interests
• Discuss practical strategies for healthcare delivery
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Wednesday Session Sign-Up (Link will open in a new window or tab.)
|Wednesday Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation for each day you attended. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
- 13.30 Contact hours
- 4.60 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level