Conference 2015 | Advanced Practice in Primary and Acute Care: Saturday Workshops
Pacific Northwest 38th Annual National Conference
Saturday Workshops | November 7, 2015
Welcome to the Workshop Portal!
Workshop quick links:
Who should attend these workshops?
Nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other health care professionals.
About Saturday Workshops:
These hands-on workshops provide a broad spectrum of learning opportunities for providers in all settings. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion, case studies, demonstration and practica.
AM Workshop Sessions (8:30-11:45 am)
- AM1: Fundamentals of Reading the 12-Lead EKG
- AM2: When a Knock to the Head Knocks You Out of the Game: Evaluation and Management of Concussions
- AM3: Uterine Blocks, Biopsies and IUDs: What’s a Cervix to Do? (2.0 Rx)
- AM4: Working with Challenging Personalities in the Primary Care Setting
- AM5: How to Order and Interpret Any Laboratory Test
PM Workshop Sessions (12:45-4:00 pm)
- PM1: Fundamentals of 12-Lead EKG Interpretation: Recognizing Ischemia, Injury and Infarction
- PM2: Fixing Those Wound Care Woes: Wound Management Strategies for Primary Care Providers (1.0 Rx)
- PM3: Musculoskeletal Evaluation of the Sports Athlete Made Easy (1.5 Rx)
- PM4: Therapeutic Musculoskeletal Injections - CANCELED
- PM5: Radiologic Interpretation of the Chest and Musculoskeletal System
Rx=pharmacology credit at the advanced practice level
Please Note: PM4 is CANCELED
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Saturday AM Session Sign-Up (Link will open in a new window or tab.)
Digital Certificates - online
Paper Certificates - at conference
|Day of Event|
|Recharging Stations||Power stations are available in the registration area. Power is not available in the conference rooms.|
Your battery will last longer if you put your device in airplane mode while attending a session.
|WiFi||Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Download your handouts to your device before you go to a session.|
|Food and Clothing||Refreshments: Coffee and tea will be available at the registration area. Lunch is on your own.|
Temperature in rooms: Temperatures can fluctuate throughout the day. Please dress in layers.
- 6.00 Contact hours
- 3.50 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level