Conference 2019 | Advanced Practice in Primary and Acute Care
Pacific Northwest 42nd Annual National Conference
Early Bird Discount!
Register early and receive a discount of $50 when you register for both Thursday and Friday. Registration fee will be $425 instead of the regular price of $475. Offer ends July 15, 2019.
- Select your Sessions: Thursday | Friday | Saturday AM | Saturday PM
- Handouts, Evaluation and Certificate:
Thursday | Friday | Saturday AM | Saturday PM
This conference offers healthcare clinicians an opportunity to validate and enhance clinical competencies, acquire new assessment and management skills, examine critical issues in health care at the state and national level, network with colleagues in advanced practice, and learn about new products, services and pharmacotherapeutic agents. Conference faculty include distinguished national, regional and local experts. Concurrent sessions allow participants to design their own educational tracks in the areas of acute, adolescent, adult, family, geriatric, midwifery, pain management, pediatric, psychosocial and women’s health care. In addition, special interest group meetings on Thursday and Friday and workshops on Saturday provide a broad spectrum of in-depth learning opportunities for providers in all settings. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion, case studies, demonstration and practica.
4 Benefits of Attending This Conference
- Dialogue with experts in your field—ask questions and explore answers.
- Discover new mentoring opportunities.
- Network with your peers.
- Recharge your passion for health care—boost your career.
Poster Abstracts Invited
POSTER SESSION: ENTER TO WIN!
Promoting Improvement in Healthcare Delivery, Education, Research and Policy
Thursday-Friday, Oct 24-25 | 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Washington State Convention Center
Have you created a practice improvement project or developed an innovative educational strategy, clinical program or research project that highlights improvements in health care delivery, education, research or policy? We invite you to submit a poster abstract. Once your poster is approved, you will automatically be entered into our Best Poster of 2019 Contest. The contest winner will receive a complimentary admission for a 2020 AP half-day workshop, and will be announced at the Cake Reception on Friday afternoon.
POSTER PRESENTATION BENEFITS:
- Receive a 10% registration discount for Thursday-Friday
- Strengthen your resume
- Communicate research or program findings to enhance the practice of others
- Network with providers who share your interests
- Discuss practical strategies for healthcare delivery
- Perfect venue for DNP project posters
Nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, physician assistants and other health care professionals
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Apply updated information about the assessment and management of common health problems seen in primary, specialty and acute care settings.
- Apply updated pharmacotherapeutic information related to clinical practice.
- Integrate regional and national trends in health policy, promotion and prevention which impact health care.
Open PROGRAM SCHEDULE in a new page.
- Adolescent Health
- Adult Health
- Family Practice
- Geriatric Health
- General Clinical and Professional Issues
- Nurse Midwifery
- Pain Management in the Primary Care Setting
- Pediatric Health
- Psychiatric Mental Health
- Women's Health
CROWNE PLAZA, SEATTLE
1113 Sixth Avenue, Seattle, 98101
- Visit the hotel discount website
- Or call (206) 464-1980 and mention discount code: Advanced Practice Conference
- Reservation deadline: Sept. 23, 2019
- Group rate is $185 for single/double plus 15% tax and mandatory local assessment. Rate includes complimentary in-room high speed internet access and discounted parking rates. 5 blocks (8 minute walk) from the convention center.
Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, Social Workers, Respiratory Therapists and School Nurses:
Physicians, Certified Nurse Midwives and Physician Assistants
The University of Washington School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ is available for an additional $45, payable to University of Washington Continuing Medical Education. You can pay for your CME certificate online to expedite the processing of your certificate by Continuing Medical Education after the conclusion of the conference. If you have questions, please contact Mary Ann Valentine at email@example.com.
UWCNE is an approved clock hour provider in Washington State. This offering meets requirements for 20.0 clock hours. If you would like a clock hour certificate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask a registration manager at the conference registration desk.
- 20.00 Contact hours
- 16.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level
- 20.00 Clock hours
- University of Washington School of Medicine, Continuing Medical Education
- ARNPs United of Washington State
- Washington Academy of Physician Assistants
- Washington State Nurses Association
Registering a Group/Employee or Paying by Check?
Fill out this Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email
Want Continuing Medical Education Category 1 Credit?
You can pay for your CME certificate here to expedite the processing of your certificate by Continuing Medical Education after the conclusion of the conference. If you have questions, please contact Mary Ann Valentine at email@example.com.
If you register but are unable to attend, you may send a substitute or obtain a refund less $50 for handling by submitting a written request to UWCNE by email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conference.
Saturday Workshops: Due to the popularity of workshops and limited workshop enrollment, no refunds for workshops will be granted after Oct. 22, 2019. Substitutes will be accepted at all times.
Student, Joint Provider and UW faculty discounts are not available for Saturday workshops.