Conference 2016 | Collaborative Child Health: Mental and Physical Health Considerations
Friday - January 29, 2016—Space is limited. Please register soon!
Conference quick links:
- View the program schedule
- Download/Print your certificate (You must be logged in and marked attended.)
This workshop targets the prevention, screening and intervention of psychiatric disorders and mental health issues among children with an emphasis on family/school/community intervention and the underlying theory of integration of physical and medical issues.
Who should attend?
Advanced practice primary care professionals, school-based care professionals, mental health professionals, social workers and pediatric healthcare providers
After completing this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Describe family school and community aspects of child mental health care.
- Explain how to perform a comprehensive mental health assessment for children and their families.
- Discuss collaborative care for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Develop preventive intervention plans based on epigenetics and trauma theories.
- Discuss approaches to working and training in an interprofessional education (IPE) environment.
- Identify common biomedical comorbidities of child mental health conditions and considerations in screening for these comorbidities.
- Integrating physical and mental health and common comorbidities
- Working with Asian immigrant families
- Family theory aspect of child mental health
- Epigenetics and child trauma
- Child mental health in school settings
For more information
- This conference is being offered and administered by the Department of Psychosocial & Community Health, University of Washington School of Nursing. If you have questions about content, speakers or the event, please contact Jody Okamura at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-543-8589.
- For questions about registration or certificates, please contact email@example.com or call a UWCNE registration manager at 206-543-1047.
Registering a group or an employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
Conference fees will be discounted at checkout for speakers, planning committee members, PMHNP/PNP students and PMHNP/PNP faculty.
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under D09HP25917 and Advanced Nursing Education Grants for $1,099,499. This information or content and conclusions are those of the authors and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
(Internet Explorer does not work well with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
- 5.60 Contact hours