Conference 2015 | Annual Neuroscience Nursing Symposium: Brain Storming
March 6, 2015
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one-stop shop for our annual neuroscience nursing symposium. This is the place you will:
- Register for the conference
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference?
Registered nurses and other health professionals involved in the care of persons with nervous system dysfunction in a variety of clinical settings.
About this Conference:
This annual conference provides an update on new developments, evidence-based practice and the art of neuroscience nursing practice. This year’s topics are presented by regional and national experts and teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
Power and Internet Access - Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Power stations are available in the registration area to charge your mobile devices. Power is not available in the conference rooms.
Breakfast and Lunch - Although we try to be sensitive to many common dietary restrictions in planning our complimentary food menu, if you have special dietary needs, please bring food items that will meet your individual nutritional requirements.
Handouts - Speaker handouts are accessible at this portal for registrants only. To print or download handouts to bring with you to the conference, return to this portal after you register. Be sure to log in and click the Continue button on the far right or at the bottom of the page to go to the handouts and evaluation. Updated handouts will be added as they are received from our speakers. Handouts for this conference will be accessible to registrants for four months after the conference.
Evaluation - Completing an evaluation online is a requirement for earning contact hours and being able to print your certificate. The evaluation is in the same area as the handouts. (See instructions above.)
Certificate and Record of Your CE Activities - Once you have submitted your evaluation form, you can print your certificate in the same area as the handouts (See instructions above.) or at any time in the future by logging in, going to My Account and clicking on My Activities. All your UWCNE activities will be listed in this area. You can also use this area to self-report contact hours earned with other CE providers, so you can keep your CE records in one spot!
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Compare and contrast safety and efficacy of target-specific oral anticoagulants to warfarin.
- Discuss the pathophysiology, clinical presentation and current management for youth sports concussions.
- Describe two subtle symptoms of increased intracranial pressure.
- Discuss strategies to care for patients with neurological dysfunction.
- Discuss evidence-based pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions for patients who have psychiatric and primary neurological disorders.
- Describe the latest disease-modifying therapies for multiple sclerosis.
- Discuss current controversies in the management of increased intracranial pressure.
- Oral anticoagulants for stroke prevention (Rx)
- Neurological dysfunction
- Primary neurological disorders
- Multiple sclerosis (Rx)
- Intracranial pressure
Rx= This session qualifies for pharmacology contact hours at the advanced practice level
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 2.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level