Conference 2015 | Diabetes Update
February 25, 2015
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one-stop shop for our annual update on diabetes. This is the place you will:
- Register for the conference
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend This Conference?
Nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, health educators, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals across all settings.
About This Conference:
Regardless of the practice setting, most clinicians are involved in managing care for patients living with diabetes. Staying informed about the latest research and treatments strategies for glycemic control is essential to help patients achieve maximum health and manage complications. Learning methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
Power and Internet Access - Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Power stations are available in the registration area to charge your mobile devices. Power is not available in the conference rooms.
Breakfast and Lunch - Although we try to be sensitive to many common dietary restrictions in planning our complimentary food menu, if you have special dietary needs, please bring food items that will meet your individual nutritional requirements.
Handouts - Speaker handouts are accessible at this portal for registrants only, starting February 17, 2015. To print or download handouts to bring with you to the conference, return to this portal after you register. Be sure to log in and click the Continue button on the far right or at the bottom of the page to go to the handouts and evaluation. Updated handouts will be added as they are received from our speakers. Handouts for this conference will be accessible to registrants for four months after the conference.
Evaluation - Completing an evaluation online is a requirement for earning contact hours and being able to print your certificate. The evaluation is in the same area as the handouts. (See instructions above.)
Certificate and Record of Your CE Activities - Once you have submitted your evaluation form, you can print your certificate in the same area as the handouts (See instructions above.) or at any time in the future by logging in, going to My Account and clicking on My Activities. All your UWCNE activities will be listed in this area. You can also use this area to self-report contact hours earned with other CE providers, so you can keep your CE records in one spot!
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out the Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Describe the safety, efficacy and appropriate use of new pharmacological therapies for diabetes.
- Describe strategies to assess and treat depression in individuals living with diabetes.
- Describe the diagnosis and management of a patient with diabetic kidney disease.
- List two organizations that accredit diabetes education programs.
- Describe challenges and gaps in our healthcare system that contribute to disparities in the Latino community and other minorities.
- Discuss treatment strategies for patients with an atypical diabetes diagnosis.
- Describe bariatric surgery procedures and the impact they have on diabetes management.
- Discuss behavioral and pharmacologic options for weight loss in patients living with diabetes.
- New insulins (Rx)
- Diabetes and depression
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Diabetes education
- Diabetes in the Latino community
- Diabetes: The other 5%
- Bariatric surgery
- Lifestyle and pharmacologic treatment for obesity (Rx)
Rx=This session qualifies for pharmacology contact hours at the advanced practice level
- 7.20 Contact hours
- 1.70 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level