Conference 2015 | Foot Care for Older Adults: Update 2015
Adding New Skills to Your Practice
April 8, 2015
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one-stop shop for our workshop on Foot Care for Older Adults. This is the place you will:
- Register for the conference
- See the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Workshop?
Nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialist, staff nurses, physicians, physician assistants and other interested healthcare providers.
About this Workshop:
This workshop, presented by Julia Overstreet, DPM, FAPWCA, provides updated approaches to the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of selected foot problems in older adults with opportunities to observe demonstrations of diagnostic and treatment procedures. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion, demonstration and case study analysis.
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss lower extremity neurologic and vascular pathologies, including indications for treatment and referral.
- Describe the anatomy and biomechanical physical assessment of the foot including a high-risk foot exam and gait analysis.
- Describe shoe choices, shoe fit and shoe modifications for high-risk foot conditions.
- Identify pedal skin conditions and options for treatment and referral.
- Describe the assessment and treatment of toenail conditions, including mycotic toenails, ingrown toenails and problematic hyperkeratotic lesions.
- Discuss infection control options for nail and callous debridement.
- Describe approaches to patient and caregiver education related to pedal skin care, toenail care and management of high-risk foot conditions.
- Foot care in your practice
- Lower extremity neurologic and vascular disease
- Biomechanical and physical assessment of the foot
- Pedal skin conditions: Assessment and treatment (Rx)
- Toenail assessment and care
Rx=This session qualifies for pharmacology contact hours at the advanced practice level
|Conference Materials and Information|
Handouts (Link will open in a new window or tab.)
Did you register at the door? Click here for handouts (Link will open in a new window or tab.)
|Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
|Day of Event|
|Recharging Stations||Power stations are available in the registration area. Power is not available in the conference rooms.|
Your battery will last longer if you put your device in airplane mode while attending a session.
|WiFi||Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Download your handouts to your device before you go to a session.|
|Food and Clothing||Breakfast and lunch: We try to be sensitive to many common dietary restrictions in planning our complimentary food menu. However, if you have special dietary needs, please bring food items that will meet your individual nutritional requirements. For lunch, we generally serve salad and either fish or poultry with a few vegetarian options.|
Temperature in rooms: Temperatures can fluctuate throughout the day. Please dress in layers.
- 7.00 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level