Conference 2015 | Motivational Interviewing: Successful Patient Engagement and Activation for Busy Healthcare Settings
April 1, 2015
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one-stop shop for our workshop on Motivational Interviewing. This is the place you will:
- Register for the conference
- See the program schedule
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend This Conference?
Nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, staff nurses, school nurses, social workers, psychologists, case managers, physicians, physician assistants, health educators and other interested healthcare professionals.
About This Conference:
This workshop provides practical skills for eliciting people's desire, ability and reasons for being healthy, and engaging them in the process of change and guiding them to develop ways to be healthier. Teaching methods include live demonstrations, videos, discussion, skill development and case study analysis.
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Describe how motivational interviewing skills fit into the healthcare setting.
- Identify opportunities to employ motivational interviewing skills when observing patient interactions.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize patient “change talk.”
- Describe motivational interviewing strategies for providing patient education that minimizes resistance.
- Describe the difference between praise and affirmation in engaging and motivating patients.
- Why don't patients just do what we say?
- Skills of motivational interviewing
- Change talk
- Giving information and recommendations without triggering resistance
- Strengthening patient confidence
- How motivational interviwing can change your healthcare setting
- Putting motivational interviewing skills into practice
- Integrating motivational interviewing into your practice today
|Conference Materials and Information|
Handouts will be provided at the conference.
|Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
|Day of Event|
|Recharging Stations||Power stations are available in the registration area. Power is not available in the conference rooms.|
Your battery will last longer if you put your device in airplane mode while attending a session.
|WiFi||Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Download your handouts to your device before you go to a session.|
|Food and Clothing||Breakfast and lunch: We try to be sensitive to many common dietary restrictions in planning our complimentary food menu. However, if you have special dietary needs, please bring food items that will meet your individual nutritional requirements. For lunch, we generally serve salad and either fish or poultry with a few vegetarian options.|
Temperature in rooms: Temperatures can fluctuate throughout the day. Please dress in layers.
- 7.10 Contact hours