Immediate Response: Essential Skills for Urgent Clinical Situations
November 13, 2014
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one-stop shop for our workshop on Immediate Response. This is the place you will:
- Register for the conference
- Choose your conference sessions
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference?
Nurses and other healthcare professionals who work in acute, sub-acute, ambulatory and community healthcare settings.
About this Conference:
How quickly will you recognize a clinically urgent situation and how will you respond? In today’s healthcare environment, patients are more acutely ill than ever before and clinical emergencies can arise rapidly. This conference is an opportunity to improve your skills for meeting the needs of patients experiencing acute and potentially life-threatening conditions. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and hands-on practice.
At the conclusion of the conference, you will be better able to:
- Identify signs and symptoms of cardiac, respiratory, neurologic and gastrointestinal emergencies and initiate early intervention measures.
- Apply clinical assessment skills to help identify patients with sepsis.
- Describe the signs, symptoms and management of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia.
- Identify strategies for large-bore IV placement during times of crisis.
- Recognize angry or anxious behaviors and identify steps to de-escalate and intervene.
- Describe nursing interventions for the prevention and treatment of delirium.
- Describe strategies for suicide assessment and safety planning.
WIFI and Power - WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Power outlets are not available in the conference rooms.
Handouts - Speaker handouts are accessible at this portal for registrants only, starting September 19, 2014. To print or download handouts to bring with you to the conference, return to this portal after you register, be sure to log in, scroll down to Registration/Activities below and click on a session day for which you have registered. Click the continue button to go to that day's session sign-up and handouts. Updated handouts will be added as they are received from our speakers. Handouts for this conference will be accessible to students for one year after their enrollment date.
Evaluation - Completing an evaluation online is a requirement for earning contact hours and being able to print your certificate. The evaluation is in the same area as the handouts. (See instructions above.)
Certificate and Record of Your CE Activities - Once you have submitted your evaluation form, you can print your certificate in the same area as the handouts (See instructions above.) or at any time in the future by logging in, going to My Account and clicking on My Activities. All your UWCNE activities will be listed in this area. You can also use this area to self-report contact hours earned with other CE providers, so you can keep your CE records in one spot!
Please be sure to select your sessions after you register. To go to your sessions, get handouts and complete your evaluation for this conference day, please use the purple Continue button. Or use the link below to check out our sessions this year.
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group? Want to pay by check?
Fill out our Offline Registration Form. We'll enroll you or your colleagues and let you know by email when you can access your conference materials.
- 7.25 Contact hours
- 0.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level