Conference 2017 | Diabetes Update
Thursday | February 23, 2017
Conference Quick Links:
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend This Conference?
Nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, health educators, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals across all settings
About This Conference:
Regardless of the practice setting, most clinicians are involved in managing care for patients living with diabetes. Staying informed about the latest research and treatments strategies for glycemic control is essential to help patients achieve maximum health and manage complications. Learning methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants will be better able to:
- Identify novel approaches to diabetes therapy.
- Distinguish evidence-based nutrition recommendations from fad diet ideas.
- List the risk factors for developing gestational diabetes (GDM).
- Identify key feature of Type 1 diabetes.
- Recognize the role in therapy of new formulations of insulin.
- Participate in the peer-to-peer discussion of real-world diabetes management.
- Compare and contrast the mechanism of action of different classes of anti-diabetic agents.
- Changes for the Future of Diabetes: What to Anticipate in the Next 5 Years? (Rx)
- Food Facts, Fads and the Future
- Sweet Baby! Implications of Diabetes in Pregnancy
- EDIC—30 Years Wiser: What we Now Know About Type 1 Diabetes (Rx)
- Beyond the Ads: New Insulin Formulations and Diabetes Drug Updates for 2017 (Rx)
- Diabetes Deep Dive: Pearls of Wisdom (Expert Panel)
- Optimizing Diabetes Care: How to Maximize the Effects of Diabetes Medications (Rx)
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
|Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation for each day you attended. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the day you attended, then click the continue button and choose "Certificate Complete". You must be logged in to see the Continue button.|
- 7.20 Contact hours
- 4.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level