Conference 2018 | Diabetes Update
Thursday | March 1, 2018
- Register for this activity (or scroll to the bottom if link doesn't work)
- View the program schedule/sessions
- View or print the online brochure
- Download your handouts
- Complete your evaluation
- Print your certificate
Nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, health educators, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals across all settings.
In all practice settings, clinicians are involved in managing care for patients living with diabetes. Staying informed about the latest research and treatment strategies for glycemic control is essential to help patients achieve maximum health and manage complications. Learning methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss pump and sensor technology basics.
- Describe ethical considerations when treating patients with diabetes and dementia.
- Learn about the evaluation tools for measuring readiness and independence.
- Appreciate the value of interdisciplinary healthcare teams.
- Learn how to effectively use oral agents for diabetes.
- Discuss how nutrition recommendations change over time.
Contact Hour Credit
Contact Hours: Up to 7.32 | Pharmacology Hours: Up to 1.0 (at the advanced practice level)
- A Patient Story: The Lived Experience of Diabetes Lindsay Oliveira
- Closing the Loop on New Diabetes Technology Laura Hall
- Diabetes Care of Adolescents and Young Adults: Transition From Pediatrics to Adult Care Molly Carlson
- Individualizing Patient Centered Care - Panel Discussion Laura Hall
- Outpatient Diabetes Management: Old and New (Rx) Savitha Subramanian (Rx=1.00)
- The 3 Ds: Diabetes, Dementia and Depression Timothy Meeks
- What Can People with Diabetes Eat? Alison Evert
Rx = Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level.
- Internet Explorer User Tips (Firefox, Chrome and Safari are recommended.)
- PDF Help - If your agency prohibits the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
- 7.32 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level