Conference 2019 | Diabetes Update
In all practice settings, clinicians are involved in managing care for patients living with diabetes. Staying informed about the latest research and treatment strategies for glycemic control is essential to help patients achieve maximum health and manage complications. Learning methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
Nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, health educators, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals across all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss strategies for managing hyperglycemia during glucocorticoid therapy.
- Facilitation strategies out of pre-contemplation & contemplation when it comes to movement and exercise.
- Empathize with the demands and barriers of living with Type 1 diabetes.
- Discuss updated diabetes management guidelines for 2019
- Discuss diabetes resources for patient and staff education.
- Update participants in diabetes devices.
- See, touch and interact with some examples of the newest technology available today.
- Identify 3 ways which mindful eating can lead to improved glycemic control.
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 2.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level
- Arcora, The Foundation of Delta Dental of Washington
- Kaiser Permanente
- UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center
- UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center
- UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center
Registering a Group/Employee or Paying by Check?
Fill out this registration form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.