Conference 2019 | Diabetes Update
In all practice settings, clinicians are involved in managing care for patients living with diabetes. Staying informed about the latest research and treatment strategies for glycemic control is essential to help patients achieve maximum health and manage complications. Learning methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
Nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, health educators, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals across all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss strategies for managing hyperglycemia during glucocorticoid therapy.
- Facilitation strategies out of pre-contemplation & contemplation when it comes to movement and exercise.
- Empathize with the demands and barriers of living with Type 1 diabetes.
- Discuss updated diabetes management guidelines for 2019
- Discuss diabetes resources for patient and staff education.
- Update participants in diabetes devices.
- See, touch and interact with some examples of the newest technology available today.
- Identify 3 ways which mindful eating can lead to improved glycemic control.
RESIDENCE INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
4501 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-322-8887
One block from UW Tower. One mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture. For UWCNE participants only: Click on the hotel website link and choose the Corporate/Promotional drop down box and enter code UWD to get the UW discount.
SILVER CLOUD INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
5036 25th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-526-5200 - Ask for UW Continuing Nursing Education Rate
Approximately 1.4 miles from UW Tower. 0.8 mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture.
4140 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-632-5055
Located in the University District. Approximately 7-minute walk from UW Tower.
4242 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-826-4242
Located in the University District. Approximately 5-minute walk from UW Tower.
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 2.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level
- Arcora, The Foundation of Delta Dental of Washington
- Kaiser Permanente
- UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center
- UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center
- UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center
Registering a Group/Employee or Paying by Check?
Fill out this registration form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.