Conference 2016 | Diabetes Technology in Practice
A Workshop for Healthcare Professionals
Wednesday | February 24, 2016
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
Conference Quick Links:
- Register for the workshop
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation(s)
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
Nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, health educators and other healthcare professionals
About This Workshop:
This workshop for healthcare professionals is designed to enhance competencies in providing evidence-based patient education and care management for users of insulin infusion pumps (continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion – CSII) and continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) devices. Workshop content includes a comprehensive program of clinical management and hands-on exposure to a variety of devices. Teaching methods include lecture, hands-on demonstration and case studies.
Enrollment is limited. Please register early!
See course brochure for topics, learning objectives and workshop agenda.
► Special Discount for Attending Both Days
Participants receive a special discounted fee of $495 for attending both the Diabetes Technology Workshop and Diabetes Update on Feb. 23. For more information and registration, visit the course portal.
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
- Discuss the state of the science of subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) and continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) devices.
- Identify healthcare resources necessary to support safe and effective use of CSII and CGM devices, including appropriate selection and preparation of candidates.
- Describe a comprehensive program of management for initial education and training of patients on the use of CSII and CGM devices as well as requisite ongoing management strategies.
- Identify unique challenges and considerations related to CSII and CGM devices.
- Discuss future horizons for CSII and CGM technology management.
- Overview of the state of the science of CSII and CGM: Pros, cons and costs of this technology
- Safe and effective use of CSII and CGM: Appropriate selection and preparation of candidates and required healthcare resources
- A comprehensive program for educating patients on the use of CSII and CGM and providing ongoing care management
- Challenges and considerations related to CSII and CGM
- Future horizons for CSII and CGM technology management
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Session Handouts (Link will open in a new window or tab).
(Link will open in a new window or tab).
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
- 7.70 Contact hours
- 7.70 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level