Conference 2016 | Diabetes Update
Tuesday - February 23, 2016
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
Conference Quick Links:
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation(s)
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend This Conference?
Nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, health educators, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals across all settings
About This Conference:
Regardless of the practice setting, most clinicians are involved in managing care for patients living with diabetes. Staying informed about the latest research and treatments strategies for glycemic control is essential to help patients achieve maximum health and manage complications. Learning methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
See course brochure for topics, learning objectives and conference agenda.
► Special Discount for Attending Both Days
Participants receive a special discounted fee of $495 for attending both the Diabetes Update Conference on Feb. 23 and the Diabetes Technology Workshop on Feb. 24. For more information and registration, visit the course portal.
- Review the advantages and limitations of hemoglobin A1c.
- Discuss the harmful effects of prolonged hyperglycemia on the systems that support human movement.
- Identify educational resources available to use during discussions with patients about carbohydrates and blood glucose that reflect common dietary practices and foods commonly consumed in particular ethnic populations.
- Identify new diabetes agents that have been approved recently and the evidence behind them.
- Discuss what can be done to reduce the burden of insulin cost for patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Explain the bi-directional impact of periodontal disease and diabetes on oral and overall health.
- Discuss/understand/practice engaging patients in their own self-management and goal-setting.
- Describe strategies for nutrition and lifestyle treatment for women with diabetes.
- A1C Is Not the “Be-All and End-All”
- Exercise for Glycemic Control, an Evidence-Based Approach
- Culturally-Tailored Nutrition Education for Patients with Diabetes
- What Goes Around Comes Around: Reconciling Higher Drug Costs with Optimal Diabetes Agent Selection (Rx)
- The Cost of Insulin in 2016: How Did We Get Here and What Can We Do?
- Diabetes and Oral Health: A Two-Way Street
- Goal-Setting: Developing Relevant, Practical, Effective and Meaningful Plans with Your Patients
- Nutrition Challenges for Women with Diabetes
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Session Handouts (Link will open in a new window or tab).
(Link will open in a new window or tab).
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level