Conference 2015 | Annual Nurse Educators Conference
April 30, 2015
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one stop shop for our annual conference for nurse educators. This is the place you will:
- Register for the conference
- See the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend This Conference?
Educators and other interested healthcare professionals in academic programs, staff development, clinical education, management and community-based settings.
About This Conference:
This conference is a forum for healthcare educators to share innovative and practical strategies for teaching in academic and clinical settings. Whether you are an experienced or novice educator, you will come away with interactive tools and creative techniques to add to your professional skill set. Conference methods include lecture, discussion, interactive participation and small group work.
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Identify strategies for enacting caring for self and others.
- Diagnose learner issues to individualize a success plan.
- Describe how to use a critical thinking diagnostic tool to foster professional development and/or remediation.
- Describe two tools that will boost your comfort with delivering compassionate feedback.
- Apply selected strategies to remediate and/or promote professional development.
- Demonstrate techniques used in a preceptor training program.
- Identify individual action steps for transferring lessons learned in your practice.
- An antidote to toxicity and elixir to purpose
- Performance problems: How to diagnose the cause
- Critical thinking and clinical judgment can be measured
- Tools for providing compassionate feedback
- Case studies: Applying your knowledge to enhance professional development
- Implementing a preceptor workshop
- Roundtable reflection: Professional development goals
|Conference Materials and Information|
Handouts will be available April 22, 2015.
|Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
|Day of Event|
|Recharging Stations||Power stations are available in the registration area. Power is not available in the conference rooms.|
Your battery will last longer if you put your device in airplane mode while attending a session.
|WiFi||Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Download your handouts to your device before you go to a session.|
|Food and Clothing||Breakfast and lunch: We try to be sensitive to many common dietary restrictions in planning our complimentary food menu. However, if you have special dietary needs, please bring food items that will meet your individual nutritional requirements. For lunch, we generally serve salad and either fish or poultry with a few vegetarian options.|
Temperature in rooms: Temperatures can fluctuate throughout the day. Please dress in layers.
- 7.20 Contact hours