Webinar 2021 | Nurse Educators Series
Join us for a four-week live series targeted at meaningful growth and development in areas of Antiracism, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Nursing Education. Each week will feature an hour of didactic learning taught by experts in the field of nursing education, followed by an hour of interactive learning focused on synthesis and practical application. Sign up for individual series sessions, or sign up for all four and receive a discounted rate.
- Session 1: Antiracism, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Nursing Education
- Session 2: Trauma Informed Care Part 1
- Session 3: Trauma Informed Care Part 2
- Session 4: Creating an Inclusive Environment for Gender Diversity in Nursing Education
This series will be hosted as an online Zoom Webinar. Watch the live webinar remotely from your home or office. Recordings will be made available after the webinar. If you miss one of the lectures, you can watch the recordings later and still earn credit.
Educators, administrators, preceptors, staff development educators, clinical nurse specialists, nurse managers, staff nurses, and healthcare providers in all clinical and academic settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this series, participants will be better able to:
- Identify how racism and white supremacy appear in health sciences education.
- Identify the importance of including trauma inform care in nursing education.
- Identify how positionality affects implicit and explicit biases.
- Create an inclusive environment for gender diversity in nursing education.
Session 1 | May 5, 2021 | 12:00-2:00 pm
Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Lucinda Canty
- Gayle Robinson
Session 2 | May 12, 2021 | 12:00-2:00 pm
Trauma Informed Care Part 1
Session 3 | May 19, 2021 | 12:00-2:00 pm
Trauma Informed Care Part 2
(This week's session will build on the fundamentals explored in Session 2).
- Clare Sherley
- Molly Altman
- Lauren Kalember
Session 4 | May 26, 2021 | 12:00-2:00 pm
Creating an Inclusive Environment for Gender Diversity in Nursing Education
- 8.00 Contact hours