Conference 2016 | Learning and Practicing Clinical Ethics
19th Annual Nursing Ethics Conference
June 10, 2016
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference?
Nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurse managers, nurse educators, physicians, counselors, social workers, psychologists, pharmacists, administrators, case managers, chaplains and other interested health and social service professionals.
About the Conference
Do you grapple with challenging, complex patient situations where you find it difficult to determine the right thing to do for the patient? Are you faced with competing demands for limited healthcare resources? Learn how to put strategies and frameworks for ethical decision-making into practice at this one-day conference. The skills for addressing ethical dilemmas in healthcare settings will be explored through lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
- Articulate and use multiple rhetorical strategies for addressing ethical dilemmas.
- Articulate the difference between case-based ethical analysis and principle-based ethical analysis.
- Consider and articulate the short and long term ethical issues around artificial nutrition and hydration.
- Articulate the unique characteristics of ethical dilemmas outside the hospital and describe strategies for resolution.
- Describe the ethical differences between withholding a therapy and withdrawing a therapy
- Identify key institutional resources for accessing assistance in ethics related issues.
- The Language of Ethics
- Framework for Decision-Making: The Four-Box Method and More
- Case 1: Gut Decisions—Hard Choices in Artifical Nutrition and Hydration
- Case 2: Hitting the Streets—Ethics Outside the Hospital
- Case 3: Dialysis and Difficult Discharges
- Getting Help: Accessing Institutional Resources for Ethics
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Session Handouts (Link will open in a new window or tab).
(Link will open in a new window or tab).
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
- 7.40 Contact hours