Conference 2017 | Immediate Response: Essential Skills for Urgent Clinical Situations
Tuesday | November 28, 2017
Conference Quick Links:
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference
Nurses and other healthcare professionals who work in acute, sub-acute, ambulatory and community healthcare settings
About this Conference
How quickly will you recognize a clinically urgent situation and how will you respond? In today’s healthcare environment, patients are more acutely ill than ever before and clinical emergencies can arise rapidly. This conference is an opportunity to improve your skills for meeting the needs of patients experiencing acute and potentially life-threatening conditions. Teaching methods include lecture, interactive discussion and case studies.
- Discuss commonly used early warning systems to identify patients at risk of pulmonary and cardiac deterioration.
- Discuss the medical surgical nurse’s role in detecting and treating sepsis, and the impact on patient outcomes.
- Identify both verbal and non-verbal cues of acting-out behaviors using the model of the Escalation of Emotion and Behavior.
- Recognize DKA and morbidities associated with it.
- Explain the importance of accurate history gathering in poisoned patients.
- Identify factors which place a patient at risk for cytokine release syndrome.
- Name and describe 3 types of seizures.
- Immediate Response to Cardiac and Respiratory Emergencies
- Is My Patient Septic: Fast Action Makes the Difference
- Behavior De-Escalation Skills: Managing the Anxious or Angry Patient
- DKA: A Glycemic Emergency (Rx)
- What Am I? Identifying Toxic Drug Presentations and What to Do? (Rx)
- Early Recognition and Treatment of Seizures
- Cytokine Release Syndrome: An Oncological Emergency
(Rx is pharmacology at the advanced practice level)
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation for each day you attended. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the day you attended, then click the continue button and choose "Certificate Complete". You must be logged in to see the Continue button.|
- 7.38 Contact hours
- 1.82 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level