Conference 2019 | Immediate Response: Essential Skills for Urgent Clinical Situations
How quickly will you recognize a clinically urgent situation and how will you respond? How can you prevent critical deterioration? In today’s healthcare environment, patients are more acutely ill than ever before and clinical emergencies can arise rapidly. This conference is an opportunity to improve your knowledge and update your practice for meeting the needs of patients experiencing acute and potentially life-threatening conditions. Teaching methods include lecture, interactive discussion and case studies.
For nurses and other healthcare professionals who work in acute, sub-acute and urgent care healthcare settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of the conference, you will be better able to:
- Discuss prompt recognition and urgent response in regard to common neurological emergencies, including increased intracranial pressure, stroke, seizures, and autonomic dysreflexia.
- List the positive impacts of effective de-escalation on reduction of workplace violence.
- Define sepsis through an overview of the physiology of sepsis.
- Identify the act of triage and its application in the ED setting.
- Define the concepts of burnout and compassion fatigue.
RESIDENCE INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
4501 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-322-8887
One block from UW Tower. One mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture.
Select "requested dates". Select "special rates” and choose “Corporate/Promo" and type “UWD” in the box.
This rate code will provide UW rate of 20% off the best available rate. Please note rates are subject to change and based on availability
SILVER CLOUD INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
5036 25th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Phone: 206-526-5200 - Ask for UW Continuing Nursing Education Rate or click on the hotel website link.
Approximately 1.4 miles from UW Tower. 0.8 mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture.
- 7.30 Contact hours
- Overlake Hospital Medical Center
- UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center
- UW Medicine/Northwest Hospital and Medical Center
- UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center
Registering a Group/Employee or Paying by Check?
Fill out this registration form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.