Conference 2019 | Update in Medical-Surgical Nursing
The medical-surgical setting today presents unique, complex and varied patient care challenges. This conference is an opportunity to review and update your medical-surgical clinical practice and acquire new assessment and management strategies. Healthcare professionals are invited to advance their knowledge of evidence-based practices that promote care innovations, collaboration and confidence among team members. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion, case study analysis and collegial interchange.
Poster Abstracts Invited
New this year! Submit your update in nursing practice, process improvement or a skill refresher poster for display at this conference! We’re excited to have this opportunity to offer additional topics for your learning and professional growth as well as skill development. Consider submitting a poster on a clinical case study, a nurse led improvement project and/or an educational refresher on a nursing skill. The poster presentation will be held on Thursday.
Discount available for poster presenters:
5% off individual rate fee
|Poster Guidelines||Abstract Submission|
Submit a poster abstract
Poster Presentation Benefits:
- Receive a 5% registration discount
- Grow your professional practice and strengthen your resume
- Share the latest nursing practice from your organization to enhance the practice of others
- Network with nurses who share your interests
- Discuss practical strategies for nursing care
For healthcare professionals including staff nurses, clinical nurse leaders, clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, managers, administrators, social workers and other interested healthcare providers
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Review current Washington State continuing education requirements for Registered Nurses.
- Describe the 4 pillars of AF management.
- Define end-stage liver disease.
- Identify key principles of health literacy.
- Describe valid and reliable methods to assess impact of pain and pain treatments on patient function.
- List at least three unique challenges of workplace violence prevention in healthcare.
- Reflect on their own communication strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify nurse’s role in evaluating and advocating for tight glycemic control in their patients.
- Document pressure injuries.
- Assess a patient for risk of alcohol and opioid withdrawal.
- Describe care of patients with end stage renal disease in the inpatient setting.
- Identify the limitations of pulse oximetry and the literature surrounding current oxygenation goals.
RESIDENCE INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
4501 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-322-8887
One block from UW Tower. One mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture. For UWCNE participants only: Click on the hotel website link and choose the Corporate/Promotional drop down box and enter code UWD to get the UW discount.
SILVER CLOUD INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
5036 25th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-526-5200 - Ask for UW Continuing Nursing Education Rate
Approximately 1.4 miles from UW Tower. 0.8 mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture.
- 14.60 Contact hours
- 2.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level
- Swedish Medical Center
- UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center
- UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center
- UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center
REGISTERING A GROUP/EMPLOYEE OR PAYING BY CHECK?
Fill out this registration form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.