Conference 2019 | Update in Medical-Surgical Nursing
The medical-surgical setting today presents unique, complex and varied patient care challenges. This conference is an opportunity to review and update your medical-surgical clinical practice and acquire new assessment and management strategies. Healthcare professionals are invited to advance their knowledge of evidence-based practices that promote care innovations, collaboration and confidence among team members. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion, case study analysis and collegial interchange.
For healthcare professionals including staff nurses, clinical nurse leaders, clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, managers, administrators, social workers and other interested healthcare providers
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Review current Washington State continuing education requirements for Registered Nurses.
- Describe the 4 pillars of AF management.
- Describe valid and reliable methods to assess impact of pain and pain treatments on patient function.
- Assess a patient for risk of alcohol and opioid withdrawal.
- Define end-stage liver disease.
- List at least three unique challenges of workplace violence prevention in healthcare.
- Reflect on their own communication strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify nurse’s role in evaluating and advocating for tight glycemic control in their patients.
- Document pressure injuries.
RESIDENCE INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
4501 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-322-8887
One block from UW Tower. One mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture. For UWCNE participants only: Click on the hotel website link and choose the Corporate/Promotional drop down box and enter code UWD to get the UW discount.
SILVER CLOUD INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
5036 25th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-526-5200 - Ask for UW Continuing Nursing Education Rate
Approximately 1.4 miles from UW Tower. 0.8 mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture.
- 14.60 Contact hours
- Swedish Medical Center
- UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center
- UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center
- UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center
REGISTERING A GROUP/EMPLOYEE OR PAYING BY CHECK?
Fill out this registration form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.