Conference 2015 | Update in Medical-Surgical Nursing
13th Annual Conference
October 8-9, 2015
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one-stop shop for our update in medical-surgical nursing. This is the place you will:
- Register for each day or a combo of days
- View the program schedule
- Choose your conference sessions
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation(s)
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend This Conference?
Healthcare professionals including staff nurses, clinical nurse leaders, clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, managers, administrators, social workers and other interested healthcare providers.
About This Conference:
The medical-surgical setting today presents unique, complex and varied patient care challenges. This conference is an opportunity to review and update your medical-surgical clinical practice skills and acquire new assessment and management strategies. Healthcare professionals are invited to advance their knowledge of evidence-based practices that promote care innovations, collaboration and confidence among team members. Participants can design a conference that meets their clinical needs by choosing from concurrent session options. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion, case studies, demonstration and collegial interchange.
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
- Explore emerging trends in healthcare and their implications for medical-surgical nursing.
- Describe evidenced-based management of selected clinical situations.
- Discuss selected topics related to communication and safety.
- Time for a Courageous Conversation: Finding Your Voice
- Heart Failure Update
- Kidney Care Pearls: Truth or Myth?
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS): The Winding Road from Theory to Reality
- Do You See What I See? Pressure Ulcer Staging
- Let’s Concentrate: Pharmacokinetic Pearls for Nurses (Rx)
- Lessons Learned From a Lost Colon: Helping Patients See Illness With a New Perspective
- Infection Control: It’s In Your Hands
- Medical Marijuana: Clinical Concepts (Rx)
- Core of Caring: Compassion, Competence and Confidence
- Accessing Powerful Inner Resources for Pain Management
- Vaccinations: Truth and Consequences (Rx)
- GI Tubes: Fast Facts
- Prevent the Spiral: Recognizing Early Warning Signs of the Decompensating Patient
- The Slippery Slope: Differentiating Between Quality Improvement, Evidence-Based Practice and Research Activities
- Achieving Good Glycemic Control: Tools for You and Your Patients
- Effective Communication: Do You Hear What I Hear?
Rx=pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Thursday Session Sign-Up (Link will open in a new window or tab.)
Thursday Handouts (Link will open in a new window or tab.)
|Thursday Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
Friday Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation for each day you attended. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the day you attended, then click the continue button and choose "Certificate Complete". You must be logged in to see the Continue button.|
|Day of Event|
|Recharging Stations||Power stations are available in the registration area. Power is not available in the conference rooms.|
Your battery will last longer if you put your device in airplane mode while attending a session.
|WiFi||Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Download your handouts to your device before you go to a session.|
|Food and Clothing||Breakfast and lunch: We try to be sensitive to many common dietary restrictions in planning our complimentary food menu. However, if you have special dietary needs, please bring food items that will meet your individual nutritional requirements. For lunch, we generally serve salad and either fish or poultry with a few vegetarian options.|
Temperature in rooms: Temperatures can fluctuate throughout the day. Please dress in layers.
- 14.10 Contact hours
- 3.40 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level