Conference 2015 | Mental Health: Bridging the Gap
September 17, 2015
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one-stop shop for our annual conference on Mental Health. This is the place you will:
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference?
Nurses, advanced practice nurses, community and public health nurses, nurse educators, social workers, counselors, students and other interested communities and healthcare professionals.
About this Conference:
This conference is a forum for those interested in innovative strategies for providing mental health care in clinical and community settings. Whether you are an experienced or novice healthcare professional, you will come away with practical tools and creative techniques to add to your professional skill set. Learning methods include lecture, discussion, demonstration and interprofessional dialogue.
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Describe tools to implement trauma informed care.
- Describe the benefits of integrating mental health into primary care.
- Describe the latest transitions of care information and how it will impact healthcare providers.
- Describe communication strategies and screening tools that can be used when caring for a person with dementia.
- List tools that are useful in suicide intervention for patients, family members and healthcare professionals.
- Describe three strategies for successful de-escalation.
- Describe the principles and benefits of the Supported Employment Program.
- Trauma-informed care
- Integration of primary care and mental health
- Safe transitions of care
- Caring for a person living with dementia
- Suicide in Washington state
- Successful verbal de-escalation
- Supported employment services
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Handouts will be available Sept 8, 2015.
|Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
|Day of Event|
|Recharging Stations||Power stations are available in the registration area. Power is not available in the conference rooms.|
Your battery will last longer if you put your device in airplane mode while attending a session.
|WiFi||Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Download your handouts to your device before you go to a session.|
|Food and Clothing||Breakfast and lunch: We try to be sensitive to many common dietary restrictions in planning our complimentary food menu. However, if you have special dietary needs, please bring food items that will meet your individual nutritional requirements. For lunch, we generally serve salad and either fish or poultry with a few vegetarian options.|
Temperature in rooms: Temperatures can fluctuate throughout the day. Please dress in layers.
- 7.30 Contact hours