Conference 2019 | Motivational Interviewing
Focusing on Practical Applications
Already know the basics of Motivational Interviewing (MI), yet want to deepen your effectiveness in applying your MI skills? Enjoy a day of honing your core MI skills, learning about updated research and participating in ten practice opportunities! Leave with a personal, specific plan for further skill development. This advanced workshop is designed for individuals who have participated in introductory training in MI. It goes beyond a basic understanding to focus on advanced clinical skillfulness and to develop competency in your work specialty. Learning activities will include real life demonstrations, breakdown of video examples, “real-plays”, case studies, small group exercises and practice with feedback.
Nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, staff nurses, school nurses, social workers, psychologists, case managers, physicians, physician assistants, occupational therapists, physical therapists, health educators and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After attending this workshop, you will be better able to:
- Apply the core elements of Motivational Interviewing (MI) to your area of practice.
- Identify the foundational skills of MI from demonstrations and video examples.
- Identify where you may “get stuck” using MI and develop strategies for overcoming obstacles.
- Demonstrate advanced MI strategies for eliciting and exploring clients’ own reasons for change.
- Use the four processes of MI for navigating clinical conversations in the direction of client change goals.
- Address/eliminate the key barriers to enhancing confidence & competence in applying the skills & strategies of MI in clinical practice.
RESIDENCE INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
4501 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-322-8887
One block from UW Tower. One mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture. For UWCNE participants only: Click on the hotel website link and choose the Corporate/Promotional drop down box and enter code UWD to get the UW discount.
SILVER CLOUD INN UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
5036 25th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Local Phone: 206-526-5200 - Ask for UW Continuing Nursing Education Rate
Approximately 1.4 miles from UW Tower. 0.8 mile from UW Center for Urban Horticulture.
- 7.30 Contact hours
Registering a Group/Employee or Paying by Check?
Fill out this registration form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.