Conference 2015 | Midwifery Update
16th Annual Pacific Northwest Conference
February 4, 2015
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one-stop shop for our annual conference on midwifery. This is the place you will:
- Register for the conference
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference?
Certfied nurse midwives, licensed midwives, nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialist and other interested healthcare providers.
About this Conference:
This conference provides an annual update on clinical issues in midwifery care. Join us for a day of lectures, discussions and case study analysis.
Power and Internet Access - Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Power stations are available in the registration area to charge your mobile devices. Power is not available in the conference rooms.
Handouts - Speaker handouts are accessible at this portal for registrants only. To print or download handouts to bring with you to the conference, return to this portal after you register. Be sure to log in and click the Continue button on the far right or at the bottom of the page to go to the handouts and evaluation. Updated handouts will be added as they are received from our speakers. Handouts for this conference will be accessible to registrants for four months after the conference.
Evaluation - Completing an evaluation online is a requirement for earning contact hours and being able to print your certificate. The evaluation is in the same area as the handouts. (See instructions above.)
Certificate and Record of Your CE Activities - Once you have submitted your evaluation form, you can print your certificate in the same area as the handouts (See instructions above.) or at any time in the future by logging in, going to My Account and clicking on My Activities. All your UWCNE activities will be listed in this area. You can also use this area to self-report contact hours earned with other CE providers, so you can keep your CE records in one spot!
Want to learn more about the registration/CE process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a group or an employee?
Fill out our Offline Registration Form. We'll enroll you or your colleagues and let you know by email when you can access your conference materials.
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Describe the evidence for how the intrauterine environment can impact gene expression.
- Discuss how macronutrients affect physiologic functioning and perinatal outcomes.
- Describe current criteria utilized to determine eligible candidate for hydrotherapy/water birth.
- Discuss potential concerns related to use of antibiotic medications in the first and third trimester of pregnancy.
- Compare and contrast progesterone dosing protocols.
- Describe the latest evidence about marijuana use during pregnancy and lactation.
- Nutrition and epigenetics in pregnancy
- Safety of water birth
- Antibiotics during childbearing years
- Progesterone therapy
- Marijuana use in pregnancy and lactation
Washington State Affiliate of ACNM Meeting, Presentation and Dinner
Members and guests of state affiliate organizations of ACNM are welcome to attend a presentation, dinner and business meeting. Please RSVP to Jessica Burke-Lazarus at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24, 2015.
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 3.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level