Conference 2016 | Midwifery Update
17th Annual Pacific Northwest Conference | January 27, 2016
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
Conference Quick Links:
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference?
Certfied nurse midwives, licensed midwives, nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialist and other interested healthcare providers.
This conference provides an annual update on clinical issues in midwifery care. Join us for a day of lectures, discussions and case study analysis.
- Discuss peripartum mood and anxiety disorders.
- Identify pathogens, causes and symptoms of breast pain and infections and appropriate treatments for breast infections, including pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic options.
- Describe the workup for infertility and related interventions.
- Discuss normal and abnormal newborn weight loss, when supplementation might be indicated, how to supplement a newborn while supporting breastfeeding, and jaundice screening in the context of assessing newborn feeding.
- Discuss the implications of “changing rules” on the diagnosis and management of gestational diabetes.
- Describe strategies for managing perineal integrity during childbirth from the perspectives of obstetrics, hospital-based midwifery and out-of-hospital midwifery.
- Peripartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders: Review of Common Presentations and Medication Questions (Rx)
- Breastfeeding Pains: Bacteria, Fungus, and Blebs – Oh My! (Rx)
- Infertility Workup and Interventions
- A Delicate Balance: Early Newborn Feeding, Weight Loss, and When to Supplement
- Two Steps Forward, One Step Back: How to Diagnose and Manage Gestational Diabetes When the Rules Keep Changing (Rx)
- Keeping It Together: The Lost Art of Perineal Integrity
Rx=pharmacology at the advanced practice level
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
(Link will open in a new window or tab).
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
- 7.00 Contact hours
- 5.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level