Conference 2018 | Midwifery Update
Conference Quick Links
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- View or print the conference brochure
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Certfied nurse midwives, licensed midwives, nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialist and other interested healthcare providers.
This conference provides an annual update on clinical issues in midwifery care. Join us for a day of lectures, discussions and case study analysis.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- List characteristics of primary vs. secondary headache.
- Identify clinical procedures and processes that are shown to improve outcomes in cases of postpartum hemorrhage.
- List reproductive health outcomes that can be influenced by vaginal microbiota.
- Describe the relationship between breathing and the pelvic floor.
- Demonstrate familiarity with gender identity concepts and terminology.
- Expand repertoire of safe treatment options for some common perinatal problems and complaints.
- Describe the various ways in which drugs can be detected in the body including with the neonate.
- An Update on Hormone Therapy for Transgender Clients: Ensuring Midwifery Competency (Rx) Simon Ellis
- Head to Toe Integrative Therapies for Common Perinatal Complaints (Rx) Sunita Iyer
- It's More Than a Floor: A Physical Therapist's Perspective on Pelvic Floor Support, Sphincter and Sexual Function Kathe Wallace
- Oh My Aching Head: Assessing and Treating Headaches during Pregnancy and Lactation (Rx) Melissa Schorn
- Our Microbes, Ourselves Caroline Mitchell
- Postpartum Hemorrhage: Prevention and Treatment (Rx) Carolyn Kline
- Toxicology Files: Drug Testing in Clinical Practice (Rx) Joan Gibson
- Washington State Affiliate of ACNM: Meeting, Presentation and Dinner (Optional). Please RSVP to Judy Lazarus at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24. 2018
UW School of Nursing, Continuing Nursing Education
UW School of Nursing, Nurse-Midwifery Education Program
Contact Hour Credit
Contact Hours: 7.32 | Pharmacology Hours: 5 (at the advanced practice level)
At the end of the conference, log in to your account at uwcne.org to access the online conference evaluation. You will be able to print your own contact hour certificate upon completion of the evaluation. Up to 7.32 contact hours will be awarded. Attendance at sessions and submission of an evaluation form is required for successful completion.
- Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing (UWCNE) is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- UWCNE is approved as a Washington state clock hour provider by the Washington State Board of Education.
- Nurses (California): Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #7218.
- Certified Nurse Midwives: A CEU application has been submitted to the American College of Nurse-Midwives
Respiratory Therapists: UWCNE qualifies as a Washington State CE program sponsor under the Washington Administrative Code, WAC 246-928-442.
School Personnel: UWCNE is approved as a Washington State clock hour provider by the Washington State Board of Education.
Social Workers and Counselors: UWCNE qualifies as a Washington State CE program sponsor for social workers and counselors under WAC 246-809-610.
Psychologists: UWCNE qualifies as a Washington State CE program sponsor for psychologists under WAC 246-924-240.
All Other Disciplines: A certificate of contact hours is awarded for successful completion. Please check the uwcne.org website for the number of contact hours to be awarded for each offering.
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
- 7.32 Contact hours
- 5.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level