Conference 2019 | Midwifery Update
New Day. New Location! This conference provides an annual update on clinical issues in midwifery care. Join us for a day of lectures, discussions and case study analysis, networking and dialoguing with speakers.
Washington State Affiliate of ACNM: Meeting, presentation and dinner following the conference at 5:15 pm.
Members and guests of the Washington State Affiliate of ACNM are welcome to attend a dinner and business meeting. Please RSVP to Judy Lazarus at email@example.com by January 22, 2019.
Certified nurse midwives, licensed midwives, nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- List preventive strategies that optimize bone health in females at various stages in lifespan from infancy through advanced age.
- Discuss the challenges of definitively diagnosing intrapartum intrauterine infection, current diagnostic criteria, and when treatment may be indicated.
- Present data on community birth hospital transfers in WA, including numbers, reasons for transfer, type of hospital care provider (CNM or OB) and outcomes.
- Discuss risk factors for VTE in pregnancy and postpartum and screening protocols, as well as assessment and work up for possible VTE.
- Describe means to diagnose fetal occiput malpositions in labor and their relative accuracy.
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 4.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level
UW School of Nursing
- Continuing Nursing Education
- Nurse-Midwifery Education Program
Registering a Group/Employee or Paying by Check?
Fill out this registration form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.