Conference 2015 | Neuropsychotropic Drug Therapy
June 12, 2015
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
This is your one-stop shop for our annual conference on Neuropsychotropic Drug Therapy. This is the place you will:
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference?
Nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals in all settings.
About this Conference:
This annual update is designed as a neuropsychotropic pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies in drug therapy for psychiatric and neurologic health problems. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case analysis.
Conference Brochure and Forms
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss current recommendations for prescribing antipsychotics, including lithium.
- List different dosage forms of marijuana and the risks and benefits of each.
- Review medical morbidity and mortality of chronic benzodiazepine use.
- Discuss strategies to access information about medication efficacy.
- Describe the anticholinergic activity of psychotropic medications and characterize the consequences.
- Discuss treatment of sleep disorders in patients with comorbid psychiatric and neurological conditions.
- Describe the impact of genetic science on psychiatric practice.
- Old and new antipsychotics
- Medical marijuana
- Benzodiazepine dependence, withdrawal and detoxification
- Prescribing pearls for the psychiatric care provider
- Rare but important side effects of psychotropic medications
- How findings in genetics and epigenetics inform psychiatric practice
All sessions qualify for pharmacology contact hours at the advanced practice level.
|Conference Materials and Information|
Handouts will be available June 5, 2015.
|Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
|Day of Event|
|Recharging Stations||Power stations are available in the registration area. Power is not available in the conference rooms.|
Your battery will last longer if you put your device in airplane mode while attending a session.
|WiFi||Free WiFi is limited to public areas of the conference center. Download your handouts to your device before you go to a session.|
|Food and Clothing||Breakfast and lunch: We try to be sensitive to many common dietary restrictions in planning our complimentary food menu. However, if you have special dietary needs, please bring food items that will meet your individual nutritional requirements. For lunch, we generally serve salad and either fish or poultry with a few vegetarian options.|
Temperature in rooms: Temperatures can fluctuate throughout the day. Please dress in layers.
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 7.30 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level