Conference 2016 | Annual Neuroscience Nursing Symposium
New Horizons in Neuroscience Nursing
March 4, 2016
Welcome to the Conference Portal!
Conference Quick Links:
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference?
Registered nurses and other health professionals involved in the care of persons with nervous system dysfunction in a variety of clinical settings.
About this Conference:
This annual conference provides an update on new developments, evidence-based practice and the art of neuroscience nursing practice. This year’s topics are presented by regional and national experts and teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
- Discuss the pharmacologic effects of marijuana.
- Describe two treatment modalities used in pediatric hydrocephalus.
- Review the evidence for endovascular therapy in the treatment of acute ischemic stroke.
- Describe elements of the NIH Stroke Scale that pertains to neuroanatomy.
- Describe primary neuro-palliative care skills.
- Provide an overview and status update on the management of patients suffering from endocrine dysfunction as a result of a pituitary tumor.
- Describe the clinical presentation of patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Medical Marijuana: A Clinician’s Guide (Rx)
- Hydrocephalus in Kids: What’s Old and What’s New?
- Five New Things in Stroke
- Demystifying the NIH Stroke Scale: Why We Do What We Do
- Integrating Palliative Care into Hospital Neurology Practice
- Update on the Management of Patients with a Pituitary Tumor
- Diagnosis and Management of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Session Handouts (Link will open in a new window or tab).
(Link will open in a new window or tab).
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level