Conference 2017 | Annual Neuroscience Nursing Symposium
State of the Art and Science of Neuroscience Nursing
Friday | March 3, 2017
Conference Quick Links:
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
Who Should Attend this Conference?
Registered nurses and other health professionals involved in the care of persons with nervous system dysfunction in a variety of clinical settings.
About this Conference:
This annual conference provides an update on new developments, evidence-based practice and the art of neuroscience nursing practice. This year’s topics are presented by regional and national experts and teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
- Discuss how helmet technology can reduce the incidence of concussions in sports.
- Apply state of the science evidence to care of the severe TBI patient.
- Discuss the mechanisms of action and indications for usage of direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs).
- Describe the anatomy of the peripheral nervous system (PNS) and how to use simple patterns to localize neuro lesions.
- Articulate the impact of pituitary dysfunction following brain insult on hormone regulation, symptoms and outcomes.
- Identify 3 changes in the seizure classification system.
- Summarize Interventional Neuroradiology for acute ischemic stroke, including indications, techniques, benefits, potential adverse effects, and peri-procedural care.
- Concussion and the Helmet
- Exploring Updated Guidelines and Current Controversies in Care of the Severe TBI Patient
- Update on Anticoagulants and Reversal Agents (Rx)
- The Ins and Outs of Neuromuscular Disease: Case Examples
- Hormone Problems? It's All in Your Head!
- AANN Epilepsy and Seizure Guidelines
- Interventions for Acute Stroke
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
|Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation for each day you attended. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the day you attended, then click the continue button and choose "Certificate Complete". You must be logged in to see the Continue button.|
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level