Conference 2018 | Update in Neuroscience
Thursday | September 6, 2018
- Register for this activity
- View the program schedule/sessions
- View or print the online brochure
- Download your handouts
- Complete your evaluation
- Print your certificate
For healthcare professionals including all level of nurses and other professionals involved in the care of persons with nervous system dysfunction in a variety of outpatient and inpatient clinical settings.
Get your annual update in new research and guidelines, evidence-based practice and the art of neuroscience nursing practice. This event is a great opportunity to ask neuroscience questions, explore answers with speakers and other attendees, and network with colleagues in the specialty. Topics are presented by regional and national experts, and teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case study analysis.
New add-on this year—free audio proceedings will be available after the conference to all attendees.
3 Benefits of Attending This Conference
- Dialogue with experts in your field—ask questions and explore answers.
- Network with your peers.
- Recharge your passion for health care—boost your career.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Describe the advantages and the disadvantages, inclusion and exclusion criteria, and history and future development of minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Recognize the WHO pathology update 2016.
- Describe changes in brain mechanisms that result from the trauma of war.
- Explain status of work access and challenges among major neurological disability groups.
- Describe the proposed mechanism of migraine.
- Summarize current treatments in stroke and who qualifies for these treatments.
UW School of Nursing, Continuing Nursing Education
American Association of Neuroscience Nurses, Northwest-Seattle Chapter
UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center
UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center
- Acute on Chronic Pain Management Rebecca Dale
- Advances in Management of Migraine Donald Bright
- Neurologic Disorders and Vocational Re-Engagement Robert Fraser
- Neuroscience and the Brain in the Environment of War: PTSD, TBI and Other Consequences Stephen Hunt
- Update in Neuro-oncology Lynne Taylor
- Stepping into the Stream: Stroke, Here and Now Michael Previti
- The State of the Art in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Jeffrey Roh
Registering a Group or Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
- 7.30 Contact hours