Lectures 2018 | Pediatric Drug Therapy
Thursday | May 31, 2018
Live lecture registration is full. You can still register for the webinar.
- Visit Seattle! Hotel Information | Directions and Parking
- Register for the in-person lectures
- View the program schedule/sessions
- View or print the online brochure
- Download your handouts
- Complete your evaluation
- Print your certificate
This annual drug therapy conference has been redesigned as a lecture series to better suit the needs of busy healthcare professionals. You can come to the UW Tower in Seattle to attend the lectures live, speak with presenters and network with your colleagues—just as you have always done at the conference. But the lecture series format gives you much more flexibility. If you are called away or your schedule changes, you can watch the lecture videos later and still earn a contact hour certificate. OR, you can attend remotely by signing up for the WEBINAR version of this series.
- Attend lectures in person at UW Tower (food and drinks are not provided). Live audience space is limited. Please register early!
- Watch remotely from work or home by signing up for the WEBINAR.
- If you miss a live lecture, you can watch it later and still get credit.
For pediatric nurse practitioners, family nurse practitioners, physician assistants, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
This all day lecture series is designed as a pediatric pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies in drug therapy for common pediatric and adolescent health concerns. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case analysis.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Review updates in the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes in pediatrics.
- Discuss safety of commonly used OTC and prescribed nutritional supplements.
- Review common medication reactions in the pediatric population and clues to more concerning presentations.
- Identify the pharmacodynamics of common chemotherapy agents.
- Discuss categories of illicit drugs, street names, routes of administrations and pattern of use.
- Asthma and Allergies: Best Practices for the Most Frequently Used Medications
- Common Chemotherapy Agents and Symptom Management of the Pediatric Cancer Patient Corrine "Cory" Hoeppner
- Is It a Drug Eruption, A Viral Exanthem or Graft vs Host Disease: Yes! Robert Sidbury
- Nutraceuticals and Pediatrics: Updates and Up-and-Coming Sunita Iyer
- Street Narcotics: What Medical Professionals Need to Know Brandon James
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Management Updates in Pediatrics Alfonzo Armstead
Rx = Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level.
- Internet Explorer User Tips (Firefox, Chrome and Safari are recommended.)
- PDF Help - If your agency prohibits the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify participants by email.
- 6.00 Contact hours
- 6.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level