Conference 2017 | Pediatric and Women's Health Drug Therapy | Conference
Wednesday | May 17, 2017
- Register for the conference
- View the program schedule
- Download your handouts
- Complete your conference evaluation
- Print your certificate
- NEW! Order audio proceedings of the conference
Who Should Attend This Conference?
Nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
About This Conference:
This two-in-one conference is designed as a pediatric and women's health pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies regarding drug therapy for common pediatric and women's health concerns. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case analysis.
- Discuss general principles regarding antibiotic resistance.
- Differentiate between upper and lower airway respiratory distress.
- Identify various types of medications used for obesity management and which ones are approved for youth.
- Discuss how to determine clinical diagnosis of adolescent mood disorders
- Highlight a morphology-based rational approach to the treatment of acne.
- Define and diagnose Fecal incontinence.
- Discuss the epidemiology of marijuana exposures reported to the Washington Poison Center.
Women's Health Track
- Outline treatments including pharmacologic interventions for common MSK issues faced by the active woman throughout her lifespan.
- Discuss new treatment options for migraine management.
- Discuss the prevalence of antimicrobial resistance.
- Compare differential diagnoses for skin conditions.
- Discuss how ETOH use may affect other prescribed medications.
- Discuss sleep related disorders in the female population.
- Discuss concepts for providing competent care.
New this year! Mix and match from two different tracks to tailor your conference experience.
- Antibiotics: Updating Your Answers to the W+ Questions (What, When, Where, Why and How)
- Chief Complaint: Breathing Difficulty
- Obesity and Pharmacology: What Works?
- The Roller Coaster of Adolescent Moods
- Treatment Update on Pediatric Eczema and Acne
- Fecal Incontinence: A Medical, Behavioral and Integrative Approach
- Marijuana: Toxic Trends in Washington and Beyond
Women's Health Track
- The Active Woman: MSK Issues
- Advanced Migraine Treatment
- Bacterial Resistance and Your Practice
- What is My Skin Telling You?
- The Hidden Lives of Women in Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Evaluation and Treatment of Women's Sleep Issues
- Transgender Care Comes of Age
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
Session Handouts (Link will open in a new window or tab).
(Link will open in a new window or tab).
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the "Download Certificate" button at the bottom of this page.|
- 7.30 Contact hours
- 7.30 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level