Join Us Online!
Due to ongoing concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus, this lecture series will only be hosted as an online Zoom webinar. Watch the live webinar remotely from your home or office. Recordings will be made available after the webinar. If you miss one of the lectures, you can watch the recordings later and still get credit. Thank you for your understanding during this significant public health situation. We look forward to seeing you online.
This series of four one-day courses are designed as a pharmacology update for nurse practitioners and other clinicians at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies regarding drug therapy for common problems and include appropriate pharmacotherapeutic principles and recommendations for patient education. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case analysis.
Nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals in all settings.
OBJECTIVES FOR LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of each course, participants will be able to do the following for selected drugs and age groups:
- Discuss relevant principles of physiology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Give a rationale for selecting a drug of choice.
- Identify the goals of drug therapy.
- Identify desired drug effects and evaluate patient response.
- Describe special dosage situations.
- Identify appropriate patient learning needs.