Conference 2019 | Suicide Prevention Training
Registration and Quick Links
This workshop is in conjunction with the Washington State Nurses Convention (WSNA). Registration will be through WSNA. Handouts, evaluations and CE certification will be through UWCNE on this website.
- Register for the workshop through WSNA
- Download your handouts
- Complete your evaluation and print your certificate
Healthcare providers play a critical role in the recognition, prevention and treatment of suicidal behavior. With over 42,000 suicide deaths per year in the U.S., identifying risk and protective factors for suicide as well as strategies for intervention is vital. This conference focuses on suicide and self-injury assessment, treatment and management, as well as suicide prevention in special populations including U.S. veterans. The conference meets the requirement for the State of Washington mandatory suicide prevention training for nurses (RCW 43.70.442) and has been approved by the Washington State Department of Health. Teaching methods include didactic presentations, discussion and interactive practice with suicide prevention tools. Once you complete this workshop, you are eligible to facilitate a group session at your facility, using our online Facilitator Course.
Registered nurses, advanced practice nurses and licensed practical nurses in all settings. Although this training is specific to nurses, individuals in other disciplines are welcome to attend.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Describe risk and protective factors influencing suicide risk.
- Discuss facilitators and barriers to implementing suicide prevention measures.
- Demonstrate suicide risk assessment, treatment and management skills.
- Apply suicide risk assessment, treatment and management strategies to case scenarios.
- 6.50 Contact hours