Conference 2016 | Wound Care Update
8th Annual Wound Management Conference
Thursday-Friday | November 3-4, 2016
Who Should Attend this Conference
Nurses, nurse practitioners and other interested healthcare professionals in all settings including acute, ambulatory, home health, hospice, long-term, rehabilitation and transitional care.
About this Conference
Wound management is a dynamic and evolving area of practice in health care today. Wounds present complex challenges and pivotal opportunities for multidisciplinary teams to collaborate and improve the health status of patients. This conference addresses current scientific, clinical and professional practice issues across care settings related to acute and chronic wounds including evidence-based and multidisciplinary strategies for assessing and intervening to achieve successful outcomes. Speakers will assume that participants have a basic understanding of wound management principles. Presentations will update the professional with recent changes to practice. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case studies.
- Differentiate between venous, arterial, and diabetic foot ulcers.
- Describe assessment findings for atypical ulcers due to pathologies such as nonatherosclerotic ischemia (vasculitis, vasculopathy, etc), inflammation and carcinoma.
- Discuss how to choose a dressing based on wound characteristics.
- Examine the sale and use of street narcotics and the psychological and social effects of street drugs commonly abused in our communities.
- Describe typical and most severe infectious complications.
- Describe the pathophysiology of spinal cord injury (SCI) and what leads to increase risk for pressure injury.
- Explain the importance of and proper techniques for wound debridement.
- Discuss cell-tissue products and current scientific evidence that supports their use in clinical practice.
- Review factors that make a pressure injury “unavoidable”.
- Describe two types of oncology related skin damage.
- Identify 2 challenges to ostomy pouching.
- Describe the clinical presentation of common types of skin cancer.
- Assessment and Management of Lower Extremity Wounds
- Atypical Wounds: Are the Hoofbeats from Horses or Zebras?
- The Well-Dressed Wound: The When, Where and Why of Dressing Selection
- Street Narcotics: What Nurses Need to Know
- Injury and Infection from Recreational Injection
- Special Considerations for Skin Protection in the Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Patient
- Pearls for the Efficient Wound Bed Management
- Cellular and Tissue Based Products in Wound Healing
- Pressure Related Odyssey
- Management of Oncology Related Skin Damage
- Ostomy Challenges: Case Studies
- Skin Cancers: Identification and Management
Want to Learn More about the Registration/CE Process?
Click here for the Seven Easy Steps for Registering and Earning CE Contact Hours.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
|Conference Materials and Information|
|Thursday Evaluation (Link will open in a new window or tab.)|
|Before you can download your certificate, you must submit the evaluation for each day you attended. (See above.) To access the certificate, click the day you attended, then click the continue button and choose "Certificate Complete". You must be logged in to see the Continue button.|
- 14.10 Contact hours