Conference 2019 | Wound Care Update
Original Artwork by conference presenter and wound survivor, Grace Athena Flott. "Forged in Flames (Self-portrait at 28)"
graceathenaflott.com | @graceathenaart
Wound management is a dynamic and evolving area of practice in health care today. Wounds present complex challenges and pivotal opportunities for multidisciplinary teams to collaborate and improve the health status of patients. This conference addresses current scientific, clinical and professional practice issues across care settings related to acute and chronic wounds, including evidence-based and multidisciplinary strategies for assessing and intervening to achieve successful outcomes. Speakers will assume that participants have a basic understanding of wound management principles. Presentations will update the professional with recent changes to practice. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case studies.
For nurses, nurse practitioners and other interested healthcare professionals in all settings including acute, ambulatory, home health, hospice, long-term, rehabilitation and transitional care.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Apply techniques of biofilm-based wound care to stimulate healing of chronic wounds.
- Correctly utilize advanced wound healing treatments to stimulate healing of chronic wounds.
- Define Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Ultra Sound therapy in wound healing and effect on microenvironment.
- Engage healthcare practitioners in the human side of providing care.
- Discuss current medical management of ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s.
- Recognize how pressure ulcers are evaluated for surgical reconstruction.
- Describe how they might use a framework to approach the initial evaluation of atypical wounds, and discuss management considerations for certain atypical wounds.
- Describe common rashes seen in patients with chronic wounds.
- Evaluate and treat complex wound complications resulting from colorectal surgery.
- Discuss pouching and skin care strategies for patients with complex wounds in conjunction with challenging ostomy appliance needs.
- Describe the types of wounds in this population.
Participants receive a special discount at the following hotels near Lynnwood Convention Center. Ask for the UW Nursing rate or click below to book online.
COURTYARD MARRIOTT, SEATTLE NORTH/LYNNWOOD
Book here for the UW Nursing rate • 425-670-0500 • $113/per night
4220 Alderwood Mall Blvd, Lynnwood, WA 98036
Free wifi, parking and shuttle service
EMBASSY SUITES, LYNNWOOD
20610 44th Ave W., Lynnwood, WA 98036
Book here for the UW Nursing Conference Block • 425-775-2500 • $115/per night, King or Double Queen
Reserve by November 9, 2019.
Includes happy hour, complimentary made-to-order breakfast, wi-fi and free parking
- 14.50 Contact hours
- 2.25 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level
- PeaceHealth Wound Healing Center
- Swedish Medical Center
- UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center
- UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical Center
REGISTERING A GROUP/EMPLOYEE OR PAYING BY CHECK?
Fill out this registration form. The registration manager will process your request and notify by email.