Online Education | Geriatric Healthcare 2019 | ADRD
This series of ten lectures provides practical geriatric health promotion information for healthcare and social service professionals. The goal is to assist members of the healthcare team in developing and enhancing interventions to prevent disease and postpone further disability. Lectures cover an array of topics and were recorded during live telecasts from the University of Washington Health Sciences Center to clinical settings in the Pacific Northwest.
This series is jointly provided by UWCNE, the deTornyay Center for Healthy Aging and the Northwest Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Center (NW GWEC), a federally-funded regional center that conducts interprofessional education to optimize the primary care of older adults in the Northwest United States.
Watch one lecture or all ten and earn up to 15 contact hours for a single certificate processing fee of $45.
These lectures were recorded January through March 2019 at the University of Washington.
Reviews and Comments—
"I have taken many Geriatric Healthcare courses here, and they are all excellent."
"I came back to see if there were more videos in 2019, as I needed more CE hours. Thanks!"
Contact Hour Credit
Contact Hours: Up to 15.0 hours (1.5 per lecture)
How to Earn Contact Hour Credit
- After checkout return to this page (or follow the directions in your confirmation email). If you don't receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to course activities or follow the directions in your confirmation email.
- Watch the recordings.
- Complete the evaluation.
- Submit a Commitment to Change.
- Claim your credit.
- Download and print your certificate.
University of Washington School of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education
- University of Washington de Tornyay Center for Healthy Aging
- Northwest Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Center (NW GWEC)
This series is designed for nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, physician assistants, physical and occupational therapists, psychologists, social workers, pharmacists, long term care workers, residential care coordinators, caregivers and other interested professionals.
- 15.00 Contact hours
- 1.50 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level
- Internet Explorer Tips - Firefox, Chrome and Safari are recommended.
- PDF Help - If your agency prohibits the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Desktop Computers need AdobeConnect (If you don't have this program, you will be prompted to download it.)
- iPhones and iPads need the Photon Browser App in order to play the Flash videos in this course. Use Photon as your browser, not Safari.