Date: September 15-16, 2016
Location: Lynnwood Convention Center
Target Audience: Healthcare providers, community professionals, research educators, students and faculty.
Learn about healthy aging at the 5th Annual Elder Friendly Futures Conference. Elder Friendly Futures: Multiple Voices Shaping our Community features two full days of educational sessions, networking opportunities, engaging exhibits, research poster presentations, roundtable discussions, the always-popular short films and discussion, a bookstore, and keynote speakers – each an expert and pioneer in their respective fields.
- Karen Fredriksen-Goldsen: health, caregiving and aging in marginalized communities
- Fernando Torres-Gil: diversity, generations and presidential campaign that will shape our future
- Ashton Applewhite: how ageism makes aging in America so much harder than it has to be
Visit elderfriendlyfutures.org to:
- Submit a poster abstract: Submit an abstract of your aging-related project or program for poster presentation on the first day. Submissions are due July 29.
- Become a sponsor: Sponsor benefits include one or more conference registrations and exhibit space.
- Register to attend! Early-bird registration ends August 31. Student and reduced fee registrations are available.
Elder Friendly Futures is provided by the UW School of Nursing de Tornyay Center for Healthy Aging and the UW School of Social Work in partnership with the UW School of Pharmacy and the UW Division of Gerontology & Geriatric Medicine Northwest Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Center.