Joining a Webinar by Invitation Link
Join by Phone
The Zoom Window (Full Screen, Minimize, Back to Meeting)
Interactions (Chat, Q&A, Raise Hand, Polls)
Troubleshooting (Audio, Video, Shared Screen Content)
Zoom is FREE to download, and you don't even need to sign up for an account to join a webinar!
Watch this short video tutorial on downloading Zoom to join a meeting.
Test your system by joining a Zoom Test Meeting.
- Use headphones for best sound quality (optional).
- Click the link in the invitation e-mail to open the webinar. (First time users will be prompted to download and run Zoom. Follow system commands to do so.)
- If system dialog appears, "Allow" system to open Zoom Meetings.
- If prompted, finish registration by entering the requested information.
- Click "Join Audio Conference by Computer"
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
- Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)：
+1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968
- Enter Webinar ID when prompted, and hit #. The Webinar ID can be found in the invitation e-mail.
- Dial *9 to raise and lower your hand.
To watch the webinar on your computer screen while listening on your phone, follow Steps 1-4 of Joining a Webinar by Invitation Link, then choose "Phone Call" for your audio option. Follow instructions on screen.
Enter Full Screen mode by clicking the Full Screen icon (usually on the upper right), or double-click anywhere on the Zoom window.
Exit Full Screen mode by pressing ESC on your keyboard, or double-click anywhere on the Zoom window.
If you minimize the Zoom window, you will see a thumbnail on your desktop. Click the Exit Minimized Video icon to return to the larger webinar view.
Lost the Webinar?
If you accidentally click away from the Zoom window, you can get back to the webinar by clicking the Zoom icon, then click "Back to Meeting".
If you find yourself kicked out of the webinar altogether, simply re-enter the invitation URL in your browser and join the webinar anew.
Use the buttons on your Toolbar to Chat, Raise Hand, or ask a Question.
Click "Chat" to chat. Use the dropdown menu to select your recipients:
- All Panelists - these messages will go to the speaker and webinar facilitators.
- All Panelists and attendees - these messages will go to everyone viewing the webinar.
Type your message and hit the "Enter" (or "Return") key to send it.
Some webinars do not allow attendees to chat. You may send a message to the moderator via the Q&A box, or get technical assistance by calling the UWCNE office at 206-543-1047.
The Q&A window allows you to ask questions to the host and panelists. They can either reply back to you via text in the Q&A window or answer your question live.
- Click Q&A to open the Q&A window. You can move this window around your screen.
- Type your question into the Q&A box.
- Click Send.
- If the host replies via text, you will see a reply in the Q&A window.
- The speaker can also answer your question live (out loud). You will see a notification in the Q&A window if the speaker plans to do this.
Note: check Send Anonymously if you do not want your name attached to your question in the Q&A.
Click "Raise Hand" to virtually raise your hand. The button text will turn orange and a hand icon will appear when your hand is raised. You can "lower your hand" by clicking the button again.
If a speaker chooses to deploy a poll, a new poll window will pop up. Click on your option, then click Submit. If the poll does not pop up right away, click anywhere on the Zoom window.
Can't hear? First, check the volume on your computer and your speakers or headphones. Make sure nothing is muted. If you still can't hear the webinar, or if the sound is coming from the wrong speakers, change your Audio Settings within Zoom.
Open Audio Settings using your toolbar. If you don't have a toolbar like the one above, it may look something like this:
- Click "Test Speaker" to play a test sound.
- If you cannot hear the test sound, select a different speaker from the dropdown menu.
- If the tone is too loud or too quiet, move the volume slider to the desired level.
- If you can hear some audio, but it is choppy or distorted, your connection speed may be too slow. Try using an ethernet cable connection instead of Wi-Fi.
If the video of the speaker is choppy or distorted, your connection speed may be too slow. Try using an ethernet cable connection instead of Wi-Fi.
To swap shared screen with speaker video or to change the size of the speaker video, move your mouse over the thumbnail video. Icons will appear allowing you to customize your viewing experience. Hover your mouse over each icon, and alt text will appear to tell you what each icon does. You can also click and drag to move the thumbnail video around.
Shared Screen Content
If the shared screen content (e.g., a PowerPoint presentation) is cut off or distorted, change your View Options. On most systems, you can find View Options by moving your mouse up to the top of the screen, though you may find it at the bottom of the screen or off to one side. You may need to move your mouse all the way off the edge of your visible screen to reveal the menu. Open View Options and switch to the available option (either Fit to Window or Original Size).
View Options also gives you the option to hide video panel (the video of the speaker), or show it if it is hidden.