Specialty Program 2016 | I.V. Infusion Online with Apr 1 - PM Workshop
Included in this program is a live recorded audio/slide presentation given by Kay Coulter, CRNI, VA-BC; a video of a live peripheral I.V. catheter insertion demonstration and videos of 2 live implanted venous port access (and de-access) demonstrations; a downloadable I.V. Therapy Education workbook (133 pages); and a post test following each chapter (100 questions total).
This course is comprised of online coursework that you complete on your own before attending the workshop. Coursework includes video presentations, workbook, two assignments, five post-tests and five evaluations. When you complete the online coursework, you can attend the half-day hands-on workshop in Seattle, Washington. Completion requires an 80% or higher score on the post-tests and submission of all evaluations and assignments. You will be required to show proof of your online coursework completion (your certificate) to be admitted to the workshop.
- Current Standards of Practice
- Venous Access Device Review (includes 4-hours of central line education)
- Venipuncture Techniques
- I.V. Medication Administration & Fluid Management
- A Review of Nutritional Solutions
- Management of Difficult Insertions
- Legal Aspects Related to I.V. Therapy
- Vascular Access Protocols
Kay Coulter, CRNI, VA-BC
Owner, Infusion Knowledge, Inc., Clearwater, Florida
- 34.00 Contact hours